PRESS RELEASE : Alloy USA Announces New D44 X-Joints for Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got the following press release from Alloy USA and thought some of you might want to see it. Apparently, they've now got Dana 44 X-joints available for the Jeep JK Wrangler and the part number for it is #11502. Best part is, they're going to retail for only $49.99. Being that these are new, I couldn't tell you how well they will actually hold up but, if they're anything like the ones they had for the TJ, they should do great. Of course, they also come with full circle clips and zerks to allow for regular greasing.

ALLOY USA ANNOUNCES NEW D44 X-JOINTS FOR ’07-’15 JEEP® WRANGLER
Direct, Heavy Duty Replacement for OE U-Joints Stand Up to the Stresses of Off-Roading

Suwanee, Ga. (August 25, 2015) – Alloy USA®, a manufacturer of performance drivetrain products, today announced the release of its new D44 X-Joints for 2007-2015 Jeep® Wrangler (JK).

Available for Wrangler Rubicon and Rubicon Unlimited models equipped with Dana 44 axles, the heavy-duty X-Joints are a direct replacement for the factory U-joints. The X-Joints are manufactured from 8620 case hardened alloy steel and incorporate a number of design features to ensure the joints stand up to the stresses of off-roading.

Each of the X-Joint’s forged bearing caps feature an individual grease Zerk fitting for quick and complete lubrication. In addition, triple ridge seals help keep out dirt and contaminants to maximize joint life. Each Alloy USA X-Joint comes complete with four 360-degree retaining clips, four 180-degree retaining clips and four grease Zerk fittings.

“The great thing about these X-Joints is that they can withstand so much more than a standard U-joint ever could, so Jeep owners never have to worry about being stuck on the trail with a broken U-joint,” said Patrick Bennett, Product Development Manager at Omix-ADA.

Alloy USA’s D44 X-Joints are backed by Alloy USA’s 5-year limited warranty and are available online and through select Jeep and off-road parts/accessories retailers nationwide with an MSRP of $49.99.​

Alloy USA D44 X-Joint (High Res).jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
grease Zerk fittings are on the caps? I stopped buying greaseable u-joints that have the zerk in the main body because that seemed to be the point of failure when they broke.

good price too :thumb:

Wethy

So they say a rubicon only but what about the sports/Sahara rear ends since they also have a 44. Are rubi and non rubi ujoints the same?

Wethy

are you installing 4 wheel steering?

Why not ??? but seriously doesn't je reel make a 1350 rear? I'm sure I've seen one on their site when looking for front 1350

Edit I'm an idiot I missed the part where it was for axle shafts! Hah well that's what I get for speed reading

CJW

So if you can upgrade your joints to these with the factory axle shafts, is it even worth getting chromoly shafts? Considering it's the joint that usually fails.

JAGS

Hooked
Never have to worry about a broke u-joint huh? :thinking:

Pretty bold statement to make in a Presser.

So if you can upgrade your joints to these with the factory axle shafts, is it even worth getting chromoly shafts? Considering it's the joint that usually fails.

I'm still thinking the splines are stronger on a chromoly, but a good question.

Benito

Caught the Bug

I think you would need after market shafts that allow you to use them since they use full circle clips or mod the stock ones to fit full circle clips. Some one correct me if I've been miss informed

ttfhell

I think you would need after market shafts that allow you to use them since they use full circle clips or mod the stock ones to fit full circle clips. Some one correct me if I've been miss informed

Well it says "direct factory replacement".....I don't think they would say that if you had to buy new shafts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In case it was missed, the press release clearly states that "each Alloy USA X-Joint comes complete with four 360-degree retaining clips" (full circle clips) and "four 180-degree retaining clips (standard c-clips). In other words, you can use these joints on BOTH factory and aftermarket shafts. If you want to run the full circle clips on your factory shafts, you would need to modify them.

OJK12

In case it was missed, the press release clearly states that "each Alloy USA X-Joint comes complete with four 360-degree retaining clips" (full circle clips) and "four 180-degree retaining clips (standard c-clips). In other words, you can use these joints on BOTH factory and aftermarket shafts. If you want to run the full circle clips on your factory shafts, you would need to modify them.

I always wondered if you could run the full circle clips on factory shafts. What has to be modified to do so?

Top Bottom