Shock recommendations

Rodeo_jk

Which shocks in your opinion for 0-2 inches of lift will give the smoothest ride? The jeep is my daily driver and i have a set of rubi shocks on it now and i know theyre good but the ride can be a bit jarring at times. Should i look at something like the fox 2.0 series? Rancho adjustables? Ome?

zzachm18

Coils are a big factor in the ride but I've ridden in jeeps with fox and rancho 9000s set at 6, and the ranchos felt softer even at that.

I like the ranchos 9k's alot but to me, the EVO plushride coils are what does it. Shocks may help a little but majority of it to me is in the coil.

Jk909

I've got the fox 2.0 and I love them but I agree with what has already been said about the coils being a major factor. I hated the factory coils

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I've ridden with Bilsteins, Fox and Ranchos (7000 and 9000). Of these the Fox and Rancho 9000s were the best. I prefer the 9000s because they are adjustable.

jeeeep

Hooked
are you running the stock coils?
if you are, I would recommend the Rancho 9000 adjustable so you can adjust them to work better with your coils

jkwebbie

EVO coils are where its at man. I'm running mine with Bilstein shocks and love it, but I know you can't go wrong with Ranchos or Fox

Rodeo_jk

are you running the stock coils?
if you are, I would recommend the Rancho 9000 adjustable so you can adjust them to work better with your coils

Im on stock coils but not the ones that came on my jeep,i swapped in a set of 18/59 to upgrade from my 14/56 setup and gained about 1.5 inches in height, it does fantastic offroad as far as articulation goes and rides smooth with the swaybar disco'd, but its just jarring on washboard gravel and bumpy streets

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd still recommend the Rancho 9000 adjustable so you can adjust them to your liking.
are you still using stock sway bar links?

Top Bottom