JK front locking hub options?

dagdag

I'm interested in locking hubs for the front of my 2014 JKUR. I see Spyntec makes a conversion kit...I also see Rock Jock makes a complete axle assembly with locking hubs. Are there any other front axle assemblies that include locking hubs?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm interested in locking hubs for the front of my 2014 JKUR. I see Spyntec makes a conversion kit...I also see Rock Jock makes a complete axle assembly with locking hubs. Are there any other front axle assemblies that include locking hubs?

Not that I know how of.

I ran the Solid for a long time. I miss having the hubs.

dagdag

Not that I know how of.

I ran the Solid for a long time. I miss having the hubs.

What I really want is a D44ish axle but with more caster and lock out hubs. I don't want to have to buy a $7k D60 for the front. Looks like the next best option is a new D44 housing and a conversion for $5k. Not a huge savings :(

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
What I really want is a D44ish axle but with more caster and lock out hubs. I don't want to have to buy a $7k D60 for the front. Looks like the next best option is a new D44 housing and a conversion for $5k. Not a huge savings :(

No it's really not. You might as well save for the 60.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

$7k sounds kinda light for a PR60.

Just curious, why the lockout hubs? A PR44 with the extra caster and a properly setup driveline (ie no vibes) is a solid set up. Sure, maybe a little more wear and tear on the driveline than if you had locking hubs, but just not seeing the value add on a 44.

dagdag

$7k sounds kinda light for a PR60.

Just curious, why the lockout hubs? A PR44 with the extra caster and a properly setup driveline (ie no vibes) is a solid set up. Sure, maybe a little more wear and tear on the driveline than if you had locking hubs, but just not seeing the value add on a 44.

It's just a preference I suppose. There may be no tangible value.

Edit: if the lock out hub conversion made the semi float axle a full float axle that could be considered an improvement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom