Trektop NX for 2-Door JK

CarolinaJK

I understand that the Trektop NX fits extremely well on 4-doors and I'm assuming it does the same for 2-doors. However I just wanted some first hand knowledge on if they do. Also, $650 seems to be the price everywhere for them online. Has anyone seen a price lately that was cheaper?

Thanks!

CarolinaJK

I have a hard top, but it's just not cutting it for me. It's 70 degrees + here in SC 90% of the year. The Trektop just seems so user friendly! Just can't spend $650 without hearing about what first hand users think of it!

Rhin0247

I have it and I love it.... the only issue I have is the the middle flap does not hook onto the rollbar as it shows in the directions... At first I rigged up a connection using washers and paracord, but since I don't use the folded back position (my top is always either fully on or fully off), i just let the piece hang down. I picked mine up for $600 at the Crown store here in MA.

CarolinaJK

Hm that wouldn't bother me too much! Does taking the top completely off take some time or just a few minutes?

Rhin0247

Hm that wouldn't bother me too much! Does taking the top completely off take some time or just a few minutes?

I can get the top and both doors off in less than 5min, putting everything back on is 10-15min unless its cold out then it can take 30+min

CarolinaJK

That's really not that bad! How well does it hold heat? (Sorry for all of the questions) I'm considering selling the hardtop down the road if the Trektop performs well in the winter too.

Rhin0247

That's really not that bad! How well does it hold heat? (Sorry for all of the questions) I'm considering selling the hardtop down the road if the Trektop performs well in the winter too.

I have not had it for a winter yet, but I know when i lived in NC the average winter temp was around 50 degrees, and since we have had plenty of nights with those temps up here in MA this summer I can say with confidence you will be just fine

CarolinaJK

👍🏽 thanks for answering all of my questions! I really appreciate it! I think I'll be giving Northridge some money this week!

Kittykat

I have one for my 2 door jk, and it was the biggest pain in the butt to stretch on... Way worse than the factory tops. I love it though! Love the look of it, zippers are heavy duty, Windows are a dark tint, and nice to have the sunrider for the summer.

Panda

I've had mine on for a few weeks now so far I love the look and being able to convert to bikini on the go and the sun rider is awesome! I have a little bit of wind flapping at high speed when it's closed but I may just need to tighten the straps ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440634825.727006.jpg

I just went thru an abnormal kentucky winter in which we had 2 snows of 16" or more. Trektop nx performed flawlessly. Heating wasnt an issue. I feel like the heater in the jk is so good, top choice is irrelevant.

Edit: i should mention i had a hard top before, and have since sold it. No longer needed lol.

RockyJk

Had it on my old 2 door, loved the look and ease of going topless.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440641313.909078.jpg

hated how noisy it got after a few months. I understand soft tops are noisy but I couldn't even have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat

CarolinaJK

I've had mine on for a few weeks now so far I love the look and being able to convert to bikini on the go and the sun rider is awesome! I have a little bit of wind flapping at high speed when it's closed but I may just need to tighten the straps View attachment 161954

Good God I've loved this Jeep from the first day I've seen it on here! Thanks for your input buddy! 👍🏽

Top Bottom