Air dam

JakeJK

Hey guys I was wondering if there was some sort of metal air dam replacement with a stock bumper sort of like a front skid sort of thing, i like the look without an air dam but don't like seeing the crossmember

thardy

Banned
Hey guys I was wondering if there was some sort of metal air dam replacement with a stock bumper sort of like a front skid sort of thing, i like the look without an air dam but don't like seeing the crossmember

The hardrock edition rubicon air dams look identical but are metal.

Black Beaver

I think rugged ridge and body armor make one to replace the factory plastic. But not sure weather or not you have to have there bumpers. I don't think so though.

CREEPR

It is just their for supporting the air dam. No structural support at all. Not part of the frame at all.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Actually it is a crash bar meant to keep vehicles from going under the jeep in a head on collision. You can remove it but it's not just to hold the air dam.

JKbrick

I think rugged ridge and body armor make one to replace the factory plastic. But not sure weather or not you have to have there bumpers. I don't think so though.

The rugged ridge fits with the factory bumper, I had one before I removed the "crash bar"

Benito

Caught the Bug
Actually it is a crash bar meant to keep vehicles from going under the jeep in a head on collision. You can remove it but it's not just to hold the air dam.

if that is the case, it is rendered useless once you lift 3" or more seeing that the entire frame including this "crash bar" has been raised and a vehicle will go under it.

RHuckster

Thanks
Looks good!! Good luck on painting the insert, its a pain to get them right but when done you can stand back & pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
My arms getting kinda sore :cheesy:

Rick

BTW I did the rear also & bought the rear pass side tow hook $$$
P7260002a.jpg

Last edited:

JakeJK

Thanks
Looks good!! Good luck on painting the insert, its a pain to get them right but when done you can stand back & pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
My arms getting kinda sore :cheesy:

Rick

BTW I did the rear also & bought the rear pass side tow hook $$$
View attachment 161986

Yea I like the rear tow hooks, where did you find the second tow hook? I'd like to do the rear but my buddy only have my the front so I'll have to buy a rear sometime

RHuckster

Yes it was but I was going for particular look not many JK's have & I guess it costs to complete it.

Rick

BTW, I'm pretty much done with the mods. The only thing "maybe" sometime down the road would be a winch on the stock bumper but highly unlikely.

JakeJK

Yes it was but I was going for particular look not many JK's have & I guess it costs to complete it.

Rick

BTW, I'm pretty much done with the mods. The only thing "maybe" sometime down the road would be a winch on the stock bumper but highly unlikely.

Nice! And it's clean I like the look, mines lifted but I don't know when I'll ever be able to afford bumpers so I want mine to look nice until then, did you clear coat your hooks as well?

Top Bottom