37s and untrimmed pinch seam

P1TBU11

Just put 37s on, but I don't have time to trim the pinch seam. Got to go to work in a few hours (and work 12 hour nights for the next week). Will I be ok to drive on the road for a week (30 mile commute one way)

Just put 37s on, but I don't have time to trim the pinch seam. Got to go to work in a few hours (and work 12 hour nights for the next week). Will I be ok to drive on the road for a week (30 mile commute one way)

Probably. They will mount im sure, its the up travel thatll get ya. Take it easy on the curbs and pot holes and you should be ok. Youll hear/feel it if it rubs.

P1TBU11

The sawzall is no telling where (my brother is extremely disorganized and uses the tools frequently) and I've already got my scrubs on, got to pull out in an hour

jeeeep

Hooked
as mentioned above, you should be fine. one other thing to remember is not to make full lock turns until you've had a chance to check if they clear your brake lines at full lock

P1TBU11

I went from 14/56 coils to 18/59 coils and added a 1.5" leveling kit (on a 2 door). So kinda and kinda not. I gained several inches but I'm still on stock coils

jeeeep

Hooked
if it were me, I'd drive the car until you can check your turning clearances, depending on your backspace you could rub the pinch seam. have you taken it for a test drive?

P1TBU11

Yes. I test drove it with no problems. Just had the wife turn the wheel all the way both ways and my lines clear.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
My 14 (w/ factory only trimmed seams) clears 37s with a 3.5" lift without making contact with the pinch seams.

You should be fine, however, keep in mind a decent driveway entrance at speed can push you into your bump stop. So it doesn't take much to push the wheel into the well.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you can steer no issue you should be good to roll :thumb:
just keep in mind about the backing up until you can check it.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I have the same type of lift (4dr could with puck) on my 2012 JKR and I had to trim the pinch seams and rock rail to fit 35s. A sawzall is easiest but you could use a grinder.
On my 2011 JKUR with a 4.5" lift I had to trim pinch seam/rock rails and then pound in the pinch seam with a hammer to make it stop rubbing at full stuff.

jeeeep

Hooked
when you backed up with 37s it does change the position of the tires relative to the brake lines because of the force exerted to get them moving and sometimes they will grab the brake lines if you turn too sharp. not necessarily grab them in a way it will rip them off but it will rub on them depending on your wheel backspace

P1TBU11

Thanks a lot guys. Got a last minute call from my cousin about a stereo system so the Jeep is going to his shop for an audio upgrade and I'll be in the Prius tonight. But with 37s and a new stereo, I'm pretty sure I'll want to drive it the rest of the week.

Top Bottom