bent a steel brake line question

lulu2533

So how bad is this? Was wheeling a couple weeks ago and after was doing some underside maintenance and noticed this.

ForumRunner_20150827_033942.png

I'm thinking it should probably be replaced, which is fine, but my jeep is my DD and I would need to order a new one and wait until I have time to install it which might be a week or two, hopefully.
It isn't frayed or anything, just a little squished.
Am I ok to continue driving for a little while. I have been driving it the past few weeks with no probs already but now that I noticed it I'm getting a little concerned. I do drive quite a ways to work, 30 miles one way.
I guess I need to find a way to secure them out of the way of my bumpstops...any suggestions?

Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you have been driving for a few weeks on it and haven't noticed a difference in your braking I would say your ok for a little longer. Just order a new line first thing tomorrow and then replace it as soon as it comes in. When you do replace it make sure you try and run it so it doesn't happen again.

lulu2533

If you have been driving for a few weeks on it and haven't noticed a difference in your braking I would say your ok for a little longer. Just order a new line first thing tomorrow and then replace it as soon as it comes in. When you do replace it make sure you try and run it so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks, yeah I messaged the company where I got them from. Should hear back from them tomorrow. I had a suggestion to ziptie? them to my shocks. I will need to look at them a little closer. But I def need to find a way to secure them before my next trip to Rausch for sure.
Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom