Labor Day Weekend Colorado meetup

TheFunSmith

Hello all, I am trying to orchestrate a meetup/trail run in the Southwest Colorado area for this upcoming Labor Day Weekend. I am looking to complete part or all of the alpine loop, as well as some of the other trails local to the area. If you have any interest in completing a few of the very scenic and fun trails that Southwest Colorado has to offer, please reply in this thread, or PM me for more information. Thank you all, and keep on Jeeping on! :thumb:

nBwoNyK.jpg

0MY5DZ7.jpg

Randy Tadevich

I will be there Sep 2-6th camping near Silverton. I was there for 6 days July 4th weekend and wanted to do Black Bear and Poughkeepsie, but both were still closed at the time; thats in the plans. Absolutly love the whole area. I may be mistaken but I think Oouray has a jeep jambaree that weekend?!?!

Arizona

I will be there Sep 2-6th camping near Silverton. I was there for 6 days July 4th weekend and wanted to do Black Bear and Poughkeepsie, but both were still closed at the time; thats in the plans. Absolutly love the whole area. I may be mistaken but I think Oouray has a jeep jambaree that weekend?!?!

Correct, the jamboree for Ouray starts on the 3rd

TheFunSmith

Where may I find more information on the Ouray Jamboree meetup? I wouldnt be able to meet up with the group until Friday morning, would that be an issue?

Randy Tadevich

I have never been part of the jamboree’s, but I believe you have to pay to be part of those runs, I’m sure others know better. I don’t know your schedule Funsmith, but I can meet up with you on Friday morning and do a run if you’d like. I’m camping in the Silverton area. Not sure if you have done Engineers Pass or not, but one night I am doing a night run up there. It’s a good point to see the entire world from nearly 13,000 ft.

d-nought

I spent the whole week of the 10th in Ouray doing this and more, it was a blast!

We did the Alpine Loop with the following trails.
Mineral Creek
Engineers Pass
Cinnamon Pass
California Gulch
Hurricane Pass
Corkscrew Gulch

This was about 67 Miles and took us about 11.5 hours (2 jeeps), with stops for photos, food, and the like. I have a full Google MyTrack / map of the route we took, PM me if you would like to see it, I can probably figure out how to share it (just haven't spent the time on it yet).

I have been meaning to post this week long adventure in Destinations and Beyond, but haven't got a round to collecting all the photos from every one yet.

TheFunSmith

Randy, I think I have your number already, so I can contact you as soon as I have more details on what time I will be making it into CO, but I am almost certainly down to ride a trail or 2 with you!

Webe

We will be in the area the 5th - 7th camping. It would be fun to meet up for a trail run.

Top Bottom