Any protocol for naming your new Jeep

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am getting ready for a build to start within about 6 months and am already thinking about names. I have never named a vehicle before, but this Jeep will be different and I wanted to name it something special.

What about naming your Jeep after one of your children?

I looked all over the web and found where people name their children after their cars, which I found classless. But what about naming a vehicle after your child? Is that just as classless. Is that weird? Is that bad luck? Any thoughts?

hhunter050

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am getting ready for a build to start within about 6 months and am already thinking about names. I have never named a vehicle before, but this Jeep will be different and I wanted to name it something special.

What about naming your Jeep after one of your children?

I looked all over the web and found where people name their children after their cars, which I found classless. But what about naming a vehicle after your child? Is that just as classless. Is that weird? Is that bad luck? Any thoughts?

I called mine Black Betty forever then one day I called it the blackturd and it stuck lol it comes with time if you ask me

Dopey84

I named mine " Oogie Boogie" from my favorite movie nightmare before Christmas... Oh and it looks like a giant boogie ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440690463.200081.jpg

Jackal01

I named mine " Oogie Boogie" from my favorite movie nightmare before Christmas...

LOL we named our GSD after Jack's dog, "Zero". We wanted a white GSD but couldn't find one. The name still stuck regardless. :yup: Halloween is our favorite thing ever. We even had a Halloween wedding. :crazyeyes:

I always stuck with female names and used a named that was relevant to something else in my life with all my other vehicles. But when it came to my JK I knew I was going with a silver and blue theme so I went with "R2" (R2-D2) since nothing else really fit. Just pick a name that has meaning to you in one way or another (could just be that you like the name). It's whatever you want it to be!

mackey

Named mine Minion. So it's Mackey's Minion. Not because it's yellow. Just because it's the only thing in my house that actually listens to me. :)

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Named mine Minion. So it's Mackey's Minion. Not because it's yellow. Just because it's the only thing in my house that actually listens to me. :)

Yeh, being married with two children, I know THAT feeling. I was laughing pretty good on this post. Thank you.

TCMguy

This is Téméraire;

25ri4wg.jpg

He's grown up since http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26663-Naming-your-Jeep/page4&highlight=temeraire

As our family is fond of Dragons Téméraire is named after a Dragon in the series of books written by NAOMI NOVIK. He listens to me and takes us where we want to go.

dagdag

After replacing my transfer case, I think Money Pit is an appropriate name for mine. If it's not already taken.

Unknown

I call mine "Grimm", from one of my favourite TV shows, and that its colour is Black Forest Green...get it! I'm never 'grim' driving it though haha

jjlong

Meet Grouchy. It got it's name because every time I do something new to it, my wife gets super grouchy! :cool:

Attachments

• 1440730275195.jpg
    1440730275195.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 92

Petthefish

We really have not named it yet it has been joked that it is Lucy's Jeep after our dog Lucy because she thinks she owns it
20084215146_e457978f6b_c.jpg

Top Bottom