Another thread on engine light and traction control

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So driving home last night I hit a big hole in road, after the hit my traction control light came on and then the check engine light. I am wondering if the hit was enough to knock my steering wheel of center or do you all think I broke a sensor. I wanted to see what everyone thinks? I will be diving into this over weekend to figure it out, thank you in advance for you thoughts and help!!!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So I was able to run code its P0349 camshaft sensor, has anyone had this issue and where did you find sensor on the jeep mine is s 2012 sport

StrizzyChris

I have heard of this and it can be one of two things...a wiring issue or a bad sensor. I believe it is the drivers side cham sensor that is the most common culprit(you have one on both sides of the engine). super easy to replace and for much cheaper than doing a jeep interrogation, unless you are still under warranty. Also check the wiring to the sensor and for any damage that would have caused this and that it is still grounded.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have heard of this and it can be one of two things...a wiring issue or a bad sensor. I believe it is the drivers side cham sensor that is the most common culprit(you have one on both sides of the engine). super easy to replace and for much cheaper than doing a jeep interrogation, unless you are still under warranty. Also check the wiring to the sensor and for any damage that would have caused this and that it is still grounded.

Hey Chris
Thank you for the reply I cleared the code and drove around all day then drove on dirt road pretty rough road and light came back on then sounds like it my be a bad connection like you mentioned!!!!👍🏻

Top Bottom