Pismo Beach... Saturday Sept 5th

Shantz

Hello Jeepers and Jeepettes!

Anyone want to hit the dunes this Saturday Sept. 5th?

Meet up:

Saturday Sept. 5th 11AM
Fin's
25 W Grand Ave
Grover Beach, CA 93433

Oceano Dunes SVRA Fee is $5.

Must have a flag on your rig to cruise the dunes.

Camping is available right on the beach.

Additional Info: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

See ya Labor Day Weekend! :hmm::hmm::hmm:
Shantz

Last edited:

Clem319

I will be in Avila, but not sure if the Jeep is going with us. If it is, I'll hit you up and join.

Shantz

I was planning on going on Sunday just for the day is it going to be so packed that they are not going to let people in just for the day? If not then I won't go

Not sure, I'm going for the day. I'm staying in SLO for the weekend. Worst case I'll head up to Pozo if I can't do the dunes.

Shantz

I just gave them a call... the kiosk opens at 8am... usual holiday weekend sell out between 12-2pm.

BACKBONE

Just saw this - maybe next time! I highly recommend Mo's Smokehouse on Pomeroy Ave. in Pismo Beach for some excellent BBQ. Also the crepes across the street at Mon Ami good. Have fun!

James

rubicrawl

Not sure, I'm going for the day. I'm staying in SLO for the weekend. Worst case I'll head up to Pozo if I can't do the dunes.

I won't be going I'm working got called out last night and I have to go back in tonight and working till tomorrow another 24 hour shift

Shantz

Just saw this - maybe next time! I highly recommend Mo's Smokehouse on Pomeroy Ave. in Pismo Beach for some excellent BBQ. Also the crepes across the street at Mon Ami good. Have fun!

James

Loads of fun on the dunes... next time you're up here check out A.J. Spurs... place is awesome!

I won't be going I'm working got called out last night and I have to go back in tonight and working till tomorrow another 24 hour shift

Sorry man, that sucks!

Looks like they were still giving out day passes when we left a little bit ago.

Definitely packed today.

BACKBONE

I see you were doors-on for this trip, which makes sense given the distance. Did that help with keeping sand out of the cabin? I've heard that a visit to Oceano almost always ends with sand in places you don't want it!

James

Shantz

I see you were doors-on for this trip, which makes sense given the distance. Did that help with keeping sand out of the cabin? I've heard that a visit to Oceano almost always ends with sand in places you don't want it!

James

I was going to leave the doors in the hotel room, but it was a little chilly that day, crazy windy and only about 60°.

Yeah, sand got everywhere. Some idiot kid was stuck next to us...gunned the gas and threw a snowblower stream of sand in the Jeep for about 3 seconds... the misses and I were covered in sand... sooo pissed!

Took about 5 vacuums, and some compressed air to clean it... still finding little grains here and there. Funny now, at the time I was not a happy camper.

Top Bottom