JKUR front axles

shoeless

So I am getting ready to install new Ball joints in my 2014 JKUR that I just had regeared. My question is should I upgrade the front axles at this time since it will be apart to chromoly. I read where the 2014 rubicons have beefier axles so is it necessary and if it is what axles work with the stock lockers and EVO sleeves. Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You should have done the ball joints before you regeared. Chances of you knocking out the axle seal are pretty high so they will just have to pull everything apart again to replace it.

And to answer your question, run what you have.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You should have done the ball joints before you regeared. Chances of you knocking out the axle seal are pretty high so they will just have to pull everything apart again to replace it.

And to answer your question, run what you have.

While I agree with you that changing the shafts would have been best done with the regear, I don't know if I would say the chances are *high* of knocking a seal out. I've pulled shafts a few times and have not had any issues. People upgrade shafts all the time and do it without trashing the seals.

If you do change shafts, just be careful reinserting the new ones and be sure they have a little oil on the end to help them through the seals.

shoeless

I agree that they should of been done with the regear but funds were not available at that time and was given a set of alloy USA joints. Mine are not bad yet (only 14k) but when I do I was thinking of replacing the shafts at the same time if the 14 Rubicons shafts are that weak....

Top Bottom