5.13 gears on 33

rogerk93

So I'm going to kick start my build list a little so I'm ready for lift and tires in March or April. I have a 14 jku with auto trans and 33's km2 I want to regear and add a rear lock upgrade to rcv 35 spline axle. How would it drive with 33's for about 6 months?

Grubbicon

It would be horrible to drive with 5.13s and 33s. Id wait to do the gears and locker at the same time as tires.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If that's the case I'll order the parts this weekend and wait to install them. Out of curiosity what should gears cost to install?

All depends where you are in the country. Since you're in NYC probably $1500-2000 is what you'll end up paying. Maybe more with locker. Not much demand for that there.

rogerk93

I live 20 min away from the city not many have lockers or even regear unless they have upgraded to a Dana 60. The closest spot to off road around here is a little more than 2 hours away. Most just add tires and call it a day im sure it has never seen a dirt road.

rogerk93

All depends where you are in the country. Since you're in NYC probably $1500-2000 is what you'll end up paying. Maybe more with locker. Not much demand for that there.

I live 20 min away from the city not many have lockers or even regear unless they have upgraded to a Dana 60. The closest spot to off road around here is a little more than 2 hours away. Most just add tires and call it a day im sure it has never seen a dirt road.

Top Bottom