"Hot Oil" Warning

Arizona

Hey Everyone,
I couldn't find anything on here about this but if there is already a thread about it, I apologize.

This is the second time I've gone out wheeling (2009 2 door) and my Hot Oil light came on. This trip it came on 3 separate times. I usually stop and give the jeep a break for about 15-25 minutes and continue on. Everything I'm reading online, from "other" forums, is that I need to install an additional transmission cooler. Can this really be the solution? Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Today was fun though - No other issues and no breaks!
jk111.jpg

TwistedJK

Same thing happened to me about four months ago. I installed s B&M transmission cooler and haven't had the problem since. I think it cost me around $60 and only took about 15 minutes to install.

JK LYF

What he said 🔼🔼🔼. Same thing happened to me (2008 2 dr). Put a tranny cooler on. No issues since then.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440986182.323425.jpg

Dopey84

Same thing happened to my 07 had the transmission fluid flushed and new filter and haven't had any problems since

jeeeep

Hooked
add a transmission cooler and lock out OD when wheeling.

Locking out OD will actually help keep the trans cooler because it's not in a constant state of wanting to shift down which IMO is in a slipping state.

Saharacon

You need a trans cooler for your JK I had the same exact issue with my 4 Dr 2010 even with the Mopar Trans cooler installed it wasn't enough I ran into 210 often while driving in 4hi

Once I installed my PSC Trans Cooler and Power steering cooler my temps dropped to 160/180

Arizona

Thanks for all the help everyone. I will order a Transmission cooler this week and hopefully my Hot Oil issues will be solved!

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for all the help everyone. I will order a Transmission cooler this week and hopefully my Hot Oil issues will be solved!

be sure to go ahead and change out your old fluid since it got hot enough to trigger the hot oil sensor. :thumb:

Top Bottom