Quickest Moab Trail?

Shantz

Driving cross country in October from Los Angeles to Penn State for homecoming. Day two I'm driving Vegas to Denver via Interstate 70 in one shot. Get up at the crack of dawn and roll out, hoping to be in Denver for a late dinner.

So, my question is this. Without adding too much time, is there a trail that runs west to east, parallel to Interstate 70, not to challenging, and can be done within 90 minutes?

Keep in mind I still have 2 more days drive to PSU. Don't want to destroy my Jeep before I'm less than part of the way there.

Thank you for the info!

Last edited:

brodydez

Not really. You are at least 30-40 minutes from Moab on I70 and most easy trails will average 2-3 hours.

eddy

Hells revenge is quite smooth not real long, and it's right off main st. I ran it during EJS. Took 2 plus hrs because of all the waiting and whatnot. My buddy bombed through it in about an hr.

Petromotion

On my way out west I did Fins & Things in about an hour. Granted there was no one on it and I could go as fast as I wanted.

Shantz

Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream to squeeze in an hour of wheeling in what is already chalked up to be a 36 hours drive one way... I'm probably going to get into Denver very late... because you know I'm going to squeeze this in no matter what.

Only Jeepers look for ways to spend more time getting to there destination.

Fridge81

You can stop off at rabbit valley and make that quick loop. It's right on the Utah/Colorado border. Nothing challenging, but still fun. I used to live in Rifle, CO which is about 8 hours from Vegas and 3.5 or 4 hours from Denver. You've got a hell of a day ahead of you. It's a very scenic drive though. Glenwood Canyon is beautiful. Good luck and safe travels.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Moab Rim or Cliffhanger are probably the quickest. They are both out and back so you can take as long as you want and turn around when you want.

Moab Rim has two obstacles immediately that are a ton of fun.

Top Bottom