Solid Battery For JK

JK LYF

Been researching batteries. I was told Sears Die Hard Platinum is a great choice. Called Sears today and was told they have none in stock as they have discontinued that battery. They tried selling me on the DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery. Wasn't feeling it for some reason. Think I may just get an Odyssey.

Anyone have any input?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I'm on my third battery.
Used autozone and only lasted 1 year and changed it out a few days ago.
When my warranty is out I'm getting an Optima gel battery

JakeJK

I'm on my third battery.

In retrospect I had an f150 that had an autozone titanium battery in it. It was in the truck for 7.5 years

Edit: autocraft not if autozone uses those or not

JK LYF

I'm on my third battery.

I looked into the Optima today. Some of the reviews I read said they were a great battery until they were outsourced to Mexico. Just not sure now. The specs look good though.

JK LYF

I've had the odyssey battery for a bit now and it's been working out well for me

Ya, the reviews were really good on it. I think I read that Odyssey made the Sears platinum. Don't have a clue why they would stop making the Platinum if it was such a great battery.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
In retrospect I had an f150 that had an autozone titanium battery in it. It was in the truck for 7.5 years

Edit: autocraft not if autozone uses those or not

This was their top of the line battery.
I'll have to look into the odyssey

jeeeep

Hooked
Been researching batteries. I was told Sears Die Hard Platinum is a great choice. Called Sears today and was told they have none in stock as they have discontinued that battery. They tried selling me on the DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery. Wasn't feeling it for some reason. Think I may just get an Odyssey.

Anyone have any input?

that's odd they told you that, it's still available at the Sears here

it comes with a 30 pound California Proposition 65 warning manual :cheesy:

JK LYF

that's odd they told you that, it's still available at the Sears here

it comes with a 30 pound California Proposition 65 warning manual :cheesy:

That's California for ya! I'll be flying to Texas in November to look at properties with mama!

Rccrwlr

Don't know about the platinum being discontinued but would look at the new comparable in their line. Love the fact they have front terminals also.

Additionally got a sweet deal opening a commercial account (free). Just tell them the name of your household and your Jeep as a food delivery vehicle. Price drop of $75. Not a bad deal

Pic just invade you can do some more searching and find one.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440992881.037420.jpg .

utiadam

LOSER
I hope that's not true about them being discontinued. I bought 2 last December for my Genesis dual battery kit.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440997784.664183.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440997840.341056.jpg

JK LYF

Don't know about the platinum being discontinued but would look at the new comparable in their line. Love the fact they have front terminals also.

Additionally got a sweet deal opening a commercial account (free). Just tell them the name of your household and your Jeep as a food delivery vehicle. Price drop of $75. Not a bad deal

Pic just invade you can do some more searching and find one.
View attachment 162791 .

I was told the next in line was the DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery. Haven't done any research on that one so I didn't buy it.

Top Bottom