Salida, Colorado.

blackrubi14

Just finished up our annual trip to Colorado, week long camping and wheeling/exploring. Thought I'd share some pics of our trip.

CO.jpg

Heading up Tincup
CO 1.jpg

Tincup
CO 2.jpg

Tincup
CO 3.jpg

Cumberland Pass from Tincup to the Alpine Tunnel
CO 4.jpg

Alpine Tunnel
Alpine 1.jpg

Alpine Tunnel
Alpine 2.jpg

Alpine Tunnel
Alpine.jpg

Pomeroy Lakes
CO 5.jpg

CO 6.jpg

CO 7.jpg

CO 8.jpg

Pomeroy.jpg

Hancock Pass
CO 9.jpg

CO 10.jpg

CO 11.jpg

CO 12.jpg

Mary Murphy Mine
CO 13.jpg

CO 14.jpg

Chinaman Gultch
CO 17.jpg

blackrubi14

Chinaman Gultch
CO 18.jpg

CO 19.jpg

CO 20.jpg

CO 21.jpg

Taylor Mountain
CO 22.jpg

CO 23.jpg

Billings Lake
CO 24.jpg

Leadville
CO 25.jpg

CO 26.jpg

CO 27.jpg

CO 28.jpg

Mosquito Pass
CO 29.jpg

CO 30.jpg

CO 31.jpg

CO 32.jpg

CO 33.jpg

CO 34.jpg

CO 35.jpg

CO 36.jpg

CO 37.jpg

What an awesome trip. A week camping in the mountains of Colorado is hard to beat when you live in Oklahoma!

dillard09

Looks like yall had a great week of wheeling. I love it up there. My father-in-law lives in Pitkin, CO. So where have done our share of wheeling around there. One of my favorites in the area is Taylor pass from Taylor Reservoir over to Aspen then take Pearl Pass back to Crested Butte. That's if Pearl isn't still covered in snow. If you haven't done them you should check them out for next time. Thanks for sharing your pics!

ForumRunner_20150831_144819.jpg

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Great photos. I've tried Mosquito Pass three times and have been snowed out each try, even in August. Glad you liked wheeling the mountains. Ya'll come back soon.:thumb:

blackrubi14

Here are a couple that I had on my phone, I have more on my camera I'll upload later. The trail is somewhat technical, but very fun. I am running 35's and had no problems with only taking one go around, the waterfall I believe. We got a TJ on 33's with open diffs through with only having to pull him up one section, he did take the go arounds but did very well considering he was open.

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

blackrubi14

Great photos. I've tried Mosquito Pass three times and have been snowed out each try, even in August. Glad you liked wheeling the mountains. Ya'll come back soon.:thumb:

We have been wanting to do Mosquito for a while and saw it was open this year so we made the trek to Leadville, lots of cool stuff to see in town and on the Pass.

We'll be back next August :cool:

Petzl88

Here are a couple that I had on my phone, I have more on my camera I'll upload later. The trail is somewhat technical, but very fun. I am running 35's and had no problems with only taking one go around, the waterfall I believe. We got a TJ on 33's with open diffs through with only having to pull him up one section, he did take the go arounds but did very well considering he was open.

View attachment 163054

View attachment 163055

Awesome. Thanks! I need to get down there and do that trail!

Top Bottom