EVO Coilovers vs. Enforcer what is the...

Donny

Can someone tell me the difference between coilovers and a lift Kit such as EVO's Enforcer? Or is it an apples and oranges thing? :thinking:

I know I know...many stupid questions but I'm in a very aggressive learning mode right know:brows:

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
The Enforcer kit will use springs and shocks. The coilover kit would replace the springs and shocks with...coilovers.

Donny

Meaning the other odds and ends still get changed out as well. Thank you very much. :blush:

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the Enforcer kit utilizes standard lift coils and shocks to give you a great ride. The coil over kit replaces the factory setup completely and uses coil overs to give you much better performance in terms of ride quality and flex.

Donny

How is the lift height determined for the coilovers or what did you achieve? And are the factory bump stops ok or are the Kings a must?

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How is the lift height determined for the coilovers or what did you achieve? And are the factory bump stops ok or are the Kings a must?

Donny

The coil overs are adjustable and really, you can set your ride height anywhere from 3"-5". I prefer to have a low stance and so I only have mine set to about 3.5" of lift. Factory bumpstops are fine for most people. You only really want air bumps like what king makes if you plan on driving fast and hard in the desert.

Donny

Thank you for the info!! These look like a nice setup, a lot more than I was looking to spend but still pretty nice. Initially I thought you had to buy a midarm or longarm system then sub these in....

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the info!! These look like a nice setup, a lot more than I was looking to spend but still pretty nice. Initially I thought you had to buy a midarm or longarm system then sub these in....

Donny

Nope, you can totally run the EVO bolt on coil over kit with factory arms (more than long enough) but, you will want to get some adjustable front lower arms just so that you can dial in your caster.

FuriousDz

Nope, you can totally run the EVO bolt on coil over kit with factory arms (more than long enough) but, you will want to get some adjustable front lower arms just so that you can dial in your caster.

Do you run short or long arms on Moby?

What do you set your ride height there to keep your LCG but still run 40's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you buy the EVO coilover system.....what else do you need to make it all work?

At bare minimum, I would recommend that you get their drag link flip kit and a set of adjustable front lower control arms. If you have a 2-door, you would need to get a new drive shaft and a set of adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. If you have a 2012-up, you would need to get a front drive shaft as well. If you have a 2007-11 with an auto, you would need to get a new front drive shaft too. With this alone, you can out perform most any other kit out there, long arm or short arm.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

We have Moby set at about 4.5" of lift. To help clear 40's, we've done a good amount of trimming to the pinch seam front and back.

MTG

Caught the Bug
FuriousDz said:

I'm sure WOL will jump in but to be clear...Moby does not have the bolt on coilover system but rather EVO's double throw down on the front and evo lever in the rear.

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
... and uses coil overs to give you much better performance in terms of ride quality and flex.

Alright, your gonna have to let me drive Rubicat next time we get together. I'd like feel the difference in ride quality for myself. :thumbs:

1BAMFR

At bare minimum, I would recommend that you get their drag link flip kit and a set of adjustable front lower control arms. If you have a 2-door, you would need to get a new drive shaft and a set of adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. If you have a 2012-up, you would need to get a front drive shaft as well. If you have a 2007-11 with an auto, you would need to get a new front drive shaft too. With this alone, you can out perform most any other kit out there, long arm or short arm.

Mine is a 4dr.08' manual tranny so none of that would apply to me.....so buy the F/R coilovers, drag link flip kit, and a set of front lower arms.

Got it, thanks!

FuriousDz

I'm sure WOL will jump in but to be clear...Moby does not have the bolt on coilover system but rather EVO's double throw down on the front and evo lever in the rear.

Yeah i know he runs the big stuff :)
I was just curious about the short/long arm and ride height.

Id love to have his setup!

Trail_Creeper

The more lift you add, the more the arms become angled, resulting in the suspension having to work harder to be cycled. The longer arms keep your control arm, angles more parallel, which gives a smoother ride and the suspension has to work less when being cycled.

The angle has a big part in how harsh or soft a ride will be.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

This is true but, we originally had run moby with short arms and an EVO lever. Chris is running short arms with his bolt on kit and it's nice.

Alright, your gonna have to let me drive Rubicat next time we get together. I'd like feel the difference in ride quality for myself. :thumbs:

LOL!! sure, why not :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The more lift you add, the more the arms become angled, resulting in the suspension having to work harder to be cycled. The longer arms keep your control arm, angles more parallel, which gives a smoother ride and the suspension has to work less when being cycled.

The angle has a big part in how harsh or soft a ride will be.

Very true but, unlike the TJ before, the JK comes with arms that are pretty long right out of the box and they still work pretty well up to about 3"-3.5" of lift. At 4" and above, I would definitely recommend long arms. Where you see the benefit of them most is definitely in on pavement.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
This is true but, we originally had run moby with short arms and an EVO lever. Chris is running short arms with his bolt on kit and it's nice.

LOL!! sure, why not :yup:

Yeah, I'm very happy with it. I'm sure at some point we will upgrade to long arms but its really low on the list. We need axles first. Maybe a set of sliders too!

It drives fast enough in the desert to scare me

Top Bottom