if it isnt 1 thing its another

shortyokc

i recently did the drag link flip kit and track bar relocation kit from synergy and since then i have noted a bit of flighty and wandering steering that i did not have before. i dont know if this in normal and was always there but never noticed it because of the lack of the flip kit and track bar kit. i have removed all bolts/hardware and ck for wear and found nothing, ck multiple times for loose bolts, marked them and none of them have backed off, rotated or paint rubbed off to indicate a waling bolt. the track bar and the drag link are parallel as far as i can tell, all new joints on new parts and jeep has 16,000 miles. i have the aev correction brackets on the last lower hole and ck my pinion angle at 89.5 degrees off the front pads on the diff and also removed the driveline and ck on the flange to be sure. the tow is right at 1/8 in. iv ran tire pressures from 40 psi down to 28 psi on 35x12.5x20 fuel mt tires (yes i know i want 17's). the axle is centered with a synergy track bar, i have went through every part and found no issues or loose/worn components. i installed these parts and tempted to loose the drag link flip and track bar relocation bracket to see if my issue goes away. i also have the fox ats and have played with the adjustment and still have flight steering.

shortyokc

Pics of my front end if it helps

Attachments

• 1441058209954.jpg
    1441058209954.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 154
  • 1441058240253.jpg
    1441058240253.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 154

gary2

I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the SS mounted in the hole that is vacant up and to the left of yours . Where you have your SS mounted I have just a bolt and a sleeve going through where the original track bar bolt was ? I also went with 88.5 off the diff spreader holes .

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
How much lift and whats your caster? Also do you have a drop pitman arm installed with the flip or not? I cant tell for sure but it almost looks like you do from the pic. If so, that could be part of the problem.

Top Bottom