Evo bolt on coil overs

jkpete

I'm looking for opinions. I watched the video with the rubicat with these on it and it looked like it was an awesome upgrade. I have a 2010 2dr jk. Should I go with this or should I do something different?

Serg5000

jkpete said:
I'm looking for opinions. I watched the video with the rubicat with these on it and it looked like it was an awesome upgrade. I have a 2010 2dr jk. Should I go with this or should I do something different?

You couldn't go wrong with coil over. EVO offers some great customer service as well as great product.

OJK12

X2 coil overs offer the best of the best but they do come with a hefty price tag, but if I had the cash that's what I'd have for sure

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I've personally installed and run a lot of different lifts and have tested out a myriad of other kits as well and nothing, and I mean nothing even comes close to the EVO bolt on coilover kit. The only thing better out there is the EVO Double Throwdown kit but that's some real money right there. If you're considering it, I would definitely do it. :yup:

jkpete

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I was already leaning towards the coil overs and now I am for sure it is what I am going to do. I just ordered my drag link flip kit and will be ordering driveshafts next week. Then after the first of the year I'll order the coil over kit. Any input on what drive shaft company. I have been leaning towards the je reel 1350s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I was already leaning towards the coil overs and now I am for sure it is what I am going to do. I just ordered my drag link flip kit and will be ordering driveshafts next week. Then after the first of the year I'll order the coil over kit. Any input on what drive shaft company. I have been leaning towards the je reel 1350s.

We've run a lot of shafts over the years and JE Reel is always what we run now. One of the few companies that use high quality, made in the USA Neapco u-joints instead of cheap Chinese ones and without it having to be ordered as an upgrade.

jkpete

One last question. What adjustable control arms would you recommend? I have been looking around and there are quite a few companies out there and the prices are pretty close I looked at the evos but they don't have the rear uppers since I have a two door I need those.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One last question. What adjustable control arms would you recommend? I have been looking around and there are quite a few companies out there and the prices are pretty close I looked at the evos but they don't have the rear uppers since I have a two door I need those.

I would recommend a set of Currie rear upper arms or a set that has Johnny joints or the like on both ends. This is what Off Road Evolution uses with their kits and anything less will lead to blown out bushings.

jkpete

I inatalled my bolt on coilover kit thais past weekend. the ride seems a little stiff. what spring rate should this kit come with.. the ride almost feels like a truck now. I thought it would be softer.. any suggestions? is their a break in period?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I inatalled my bolt on coilover kit thais past weekend. the ride seems a little stiff. what spring rate should this kit come with.. the ride almost feels like a truck now. I thought it would be softer.. any suggestions? is their a break in period?

Go hit some whoops at 40 and it will be soft. :D

Atch

Go hit some whoops at 40 and it will be soft. :D

X2.....there are 2 guys in my club that are rethinking their builds after our trip to Moab. We were hitting whoops at 40+ with my coilovers without feeling a thing while the other jeeps were bouncing around and about throwing their passengers out!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

How is your jeep set up? Running a rear bumper? Spare tire?

What tires and PSI are you running?

jkpete

How is your jeep set up? Running a rear bumper? Spare tire?

What tires and PSI are you running?

It is about 3.5 " of lift running 28 psi in 37" toyo mts. No rear bumper or spare at the moment. It rides down the road like my little Honda. Lol. I talked to Andrew over there today and he said it may need nitrogen in the shocks. So that is the plan for tonight. I'm running short arms with Evo adjustable lower front arms.

jkpete

It is about 3.5 " of lift running 28 psi in 37" toyo mts. No rear bumper or spare at the moment. It rides down the road like my little Honda. Lol. I talked to Andrew over there today and he said it may need nitrogen in the shocks. So that is the plan for tonight. I'm running short arms with Evo adjustable lower front arms.

It rides rough like a big truck you feel everything on the road

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

stick with talking to Andrew he will get it riding smooth. Bumper and a spare would help as well.

jkpete

Here is a pic of her

Attachments

• image-2305953780.jpg
    image-2305953780.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 133

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Looks nice!! Your for sure have a lighter rig running stock bumpers. Are you planning on adding after market bumpers?

Top Bottom