Rim help!!!

jackm

So I live in Alaska and my only option for affordable rims is amazon (free shipping). I know I want 17x9 rims and i need a 5x5 bolt pattern but the rims I am looking up the amazon fitment tool says they don't fit a jk. I do not know if it is a fluke with their fitment tool or if the rims truly don't fit and there are specs that I am missing. I don't quite understand the specs for rims but am looking for something to fit 35in nittos

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I live in Alaska and my only option for affordable rims is amazon (free shipping). I know I want 17x9 rims and i need a 5x5 bolt pattern but the rims I am looking up the amazon fitment tool says they don't fit a jk. I do not know if it is a fluke with their fitment tool or if the rims truly don't fit and there are specs that I am missing. I don't quite understand the specs for rims but am looking for something to fit 35in nittos

What you can do is find a set of stock 17" wheels off of craigslist and run a set of 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers and that will allow you plenty of room to fit some 35" tires

jeeeep

Hooked

what year is your JK? and what rims are you looking at?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would like to avoid spacers.

There is nothing wrong with a set of Hun centric spacers like the spidertrax. The little shim spacers you find at an auto zone or the like are what you want to avoid.

jackm

With a 3in TF lift Spidertrax spacers and 35 do you think I will have any rubbing? If not thats what I'm going with and will just buy rims when I move back to the lower 48 (alot cheaper to return spacers)

A.J.

The link you posted for the wheels is correct for your jeep. Back spacing is 4.5" so you are fine if you like the wheels they will fit. Spacers will work too.

JakeJK

With a 3in TF lift Spidertrax spacers and 35 do you think I will have any rubbing? If not thats what I'm going with and will just buy rims when I move back to the lower 48 (alot cheaper to return spacers)

Shouldn't be any rubbing. That's what I plan on running my 35s on a 2.5 in lift with

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

You will have no rubbing especially with the TF coils cause I guarantee you will end up with way more than 3" of lift

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I ran that combo...well the TF 2.5" Lift, 35x12.5x17 on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers and had no issues. Also spacers sell fast when you move back down and want to buy new wheels :thumb:

Top Bottom