Superchips flashpaq now for 2015

canadianjku

Just noticed super chips just updated there site and the flashpaq is now available for the 2015 (with an ECM switch which they will take care of). Available mid-september

http://superchips.com/products/2015-jeep-flashpaq-3873-3873/

Compared to the flashpaq for the 2014 and older it is a different part number though, and appears to be almost double the price. Also does't mention if it offers any power gains like the old flashpaq. Any body have any more info? and more importantly know if the trail dash 2 is available with a ECM switch as well?

Wardell

I heard something mentioned about this too, and thought this was already available. Basically, FCA put much more encryption into their ECM's software for the 2015 JKs than for earlier model years. Superchips wasn't able to reverse engineer the new code to allow their programmers to work, which is why they need to swap in a whole new ECM that they can work with.

It's probably going to be the same for the TD2.

As far as the power gains, I'd imagine if you can run the same engine tuning you'd get the same performance from it, but I really couldn't say for sure.

The other thing I've wondered, has AEV had the same issue with their ProCal?

canadianjku

I heard something mentioned about this too, and thought this was already available. Basically, FCA put much more encryption into their ECM's software for the 2015 JKs than for earlier model years. Superchips wasn't able to reverse engineer the new code to allow their programmers to work, which is why they need to swap in a whole new ECM that they can work with.

It's probably going to be the same for the TD2.

As far as the power gains, I'd imagine if you can run the same engine tuning you'd get the same performance from it, but I really couldn't say for sure.

The other thing I've wondered, has AEV had the same issue with their ProCal?

It looks like the procal will work without an ecm switch.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/procal-module

I think that is similar to the flashcal from superchips which will also work without the ecm switch. They do not have near as many options as the flashpaq/traildash which may be why you do not have to deal with the ecm trouble.

I did notice today the site does list the same features, including the performance gains for the 2015 flashpaq, as the older flashpaq's. The extra price must be to account for the unlocking of your ecm.

Last edited:
I ran the flashpaq in my 08 u till earlier this year. It word eg great. I upgraded to the lTD and loved it!! I wanted to run one in my 15' and so I called them. No TD without changing the ECM and they didn't have a release date yet. That was just three weeks ago. I had issues with my ECM in my 08 and had tried to run an aftermarket ECM..... It didn't work. I got lucky and got a full refund. I had to put a new EOM one in at the dealer( that was after they had my Jeep a couple of weeks). No way am I switching my ECM in my 15' just to run the tuner. I ordered an aev one..... Just to use as I change gears, TP, tires.

Templar

I bought a TrailDash and after waiting 6+ months for a update to make it work for my 2015 I sold it on Craigslist and bought a ProCal. I wish there was a different way to get these to work with a 2015, I would have liked to have the locker functionality that unit brought to the table but oh well. At least the ProCal works :)

canadianjku

I bought a TrailDash and after waiting 6+ months for a update to make it work for my 2015 I sold it on Craigslist and bought a ProCal. I wish there was a different way to get these to work with a 2015, I would have liked to have the locker functionality that unit brought to the table but oh well. At least the ProCal works :)

Ya it seems like a lot of trouble. I think I might just give in a get the flashcal rather than have to unlock the ecm. According to there website you still get the 4-Hi axel lock option with the flaslcal

Top Bottom