Rear Lower Control Arm Question!

BearClaw

I have an 09 JKUR that i lifted a while back. I put a 4" Zone Off Road lift under it mainly cause it was a little cheaper, the shop in town sells their parts and its Michigan made. (Where im from) The kit did not come with rear lower control arms. After the install i noticed there wasn't much room between my rear tires and the end of the stock rubi sliders. I always left it thinking no big deal since it doesn't rub much trail riding but at higher speeds at the dunes, (squatting the rear end in the woops) it rubs quite a bit.

So my question is.

If i put adjustable lower control arms on the rear will it push the axle back some to take care of the rub, and if so would i need a new drive shaft?

What size tires did you go to? Lift size? Lets see a picture of this if possible.

Most likely you will have to trim your rails.

Edit:
Just saw your profile. I see you have 35" tires.

JKbrick

I don't believe you can just put longer control arms and a driveshaft on and call it good. Your springs will bow and rub on your track bar and other things I've read but can't remember. Search "mid arm" threads

BearClaw

I don't believe you can just put longer control arms and a driveshaft on and call it good. Your springs will bow and rub on your track bar and other things I've read but can't remember. Search "mid arm" threads

Ill have to look into thanks

Top Bottom