Nutsert questions...

Havoc40

I've almost completed my orders to start my build in a few weeks...have a couple things left. Just ordered the Astro 1442 tool and started wondering about the nutserts.

I'm going with EVO skins and the low angle slider package from Northridge. Is the hardware included with the skins? If so, what material are the nutserts as well as the flat head cap screws? Living in Michigan, I really think I'm going to go with stainless nutserts and screws.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
All hardware that is needed comes with the skins. I would just use what comes with the kit, and deff use anti seeze as well for the bolts. I did not do that and had issues. My corner skins where I did use it, no issues.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would just use what comes with the kit, and deff use anti seeze as well for the bolts. I did not do that and had issues. My corner skins where I did use it, no issues.

Ehhhh I didn't use it either and I need to pull my rocker panels back off. Thanks for making me worry. Lol.

jeeper52

LOSER
I also bought the astro tool when i did the install. Be sure to fully thread on the nutsert to the mandrill of the tool. Then only cycle the tool one time. I wasn't familiar with nutserts when i started and i threaded the mandrill in again for another bite and i ended up bending a couple nutserts because i over tightened them. Just do it once and you will be fine.

Havoc40

Thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about zinc...but if it works, it works. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

I'll definitely be using anti-sieze!

2011jk

I always drill a smaller hole han what the nutsert calls for just slightly and then work it in. I find doing this I never have a nutsert come loose.

Top Bottom