Opinions on 8500 Rugged Ridge Winch

Phljeeper

I have a deal available on a new in box (but selling as used) Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic line winch. Anyone have any experience?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If this were a parachute you were buying, would you really want to get something just because it was cheap? As I have recently stated in another thread going on right now, when it comes to safety equipment, I personally would save your money and get something that you know is well made even if it means you'll have to pay more. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Ddays

Hooked
Yep Another Winch Tread.

Buy it One Time, so buy the Best.......

So very true regarding accessories. The biggest part of the problem is that until you are immersed in the Jeep community you have no idea what is quality and what is not. There is so much junk out there that unless you have been around & talked to people, you don't know what is good & what isn't. I built my rig with what I thought were high quality parts at the time by going through the catalogs. Some parts ended up being ok, others not. Now I'm taking shit off & replacing parts because now I realize they are not something I want to have to count on to perform when I need it the most. Now anytime someone stops me & asks about what I did & what to buy, I tell them, STOP! Get on the forums and search through threads to find what is good and what isn't. This site is a fantastic resource. Ony bad thing is that now I'm once again hemorrhaging $$$. $%#&

Top Bottom