EVO weld on rock rails

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone know if these weld on rails will interfere with the lower control arms on a long arm lift? Thinking on adding both but don't to find out later one isn't compatible with the other.

Ddays

Hooked
On their long arm lift? No. On "a" long arm lift? That's pretty ambiguous.

Not to be a smartass, but I'm asking cuz I don't know. :idontknow: Nice to know about the EVO kit and 'll take that into consideration, but since these are weld on rails I don't really want surprises when I go to the long arm kit phase of my re-build.
So now I know the EVO long arm kit will work with these rails, is anyone running the EVO rails with another manufacturers long arm kit without interference issues? A 4" kit specifically?

JAGS

Hooked
Depending on the LA kit, you'd likely need to reposition the rear weld on mount support for the sliders. No personal experience, but others have posted as much here.

Not sure which kits are "more"compatible than others. I would just give Evo Manufacturing a call

Ddays

Hooked
Just in case anyone is interested, VKS offers as AN option on their sliders to ship the rear mount loose so if you are running LA kit you can weld it yourself.
Looks like a nice bar.

JAGS

Hooked
Just in case anyone is interested, VKS offers as AN option on their sliders to ship the rear mount loose so if you are running LA kit you can weld it yourself.
Looks like a nice bar.

Just a heads up, we don't take lightly to companies/people that rip off others. Especially when the others are supporters of this sight....and developed some "original" bad ass jeep parts.

So does EVO. VKS ripped off EVO.

THIS!!!

Ddays

Hooked
Good stuff - thanks for the heads up. That's exactly why I'm on this site.
Also the reason why I went with Teraflex's HD tire carrier & not the cheaper copy of it out there.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
You must've missed the thread about that tire carrier breaking. Might want to check it out so you're informed and can keep an eye on yours for cracks in the welds. Safety first!

Ddays

Hooked
Yep, never saw that thread. Wonderful. Well, something else to have to keep an eye on. I think at this point I've learned my lesson on this shit.
Thought I'd researched enough, but evidently not...

Panda

Having the rock rails welded on before the long arm kit is installed makes it a little harder to drill the holes through the frame on the rear bracket, you will have to drop the exhaust down to drill from the inside of the frame

utiadam

LOSER
Having the rock rails welded on before the long arm kit is installed makes it a little harder to drill the holes through the frame on the rear bracket, you will have to drop the exhaust down to drill from the inside of the frame

So that would explain driver side mount but does that mean you have to drop the fuel tank for the passenger side if you already have the sliders welded on?

Panda

So that would explain driver side mount but does that mean you have to drop the fuel tank for the passenger side if you already have the sliders welded on?

Well technically your supposed to drop the tank anyway for trimming the tank skid but the passenger bracket is different you only drill through one side of the frame it can be done but your literally playing with fire trimming that skid with it in place

utiadam

LOSER
Well technically your supposed to drop the tank anyway for trimming the tank skid but the passenger bracket is different you only drill through one side of the frame it can be done but your literally playing with fire trimming that skid with it in place

Makes sense. I thought I had read somewhere that dropping the tank wasn't required. Either way its not a big deal. I would much rather do that then struggle with drilling with the sliders in place.

Panda

Makes sense. I thought I had read somewhere that dropping the tank wasn't required. Either way its not a big deal. I would much rather do that then struggle with drilling with the sliders in place.

Yes you can loosen the tank skid and separate it from the tank a little enough to get a cut off wheel in there but one small slip of the cut wheel will make for a very bad day :yup: but on the pass side you can drill with a little angle since your only drilling through one side of the frame

utiadam

LOSER
Yes you can loosen the tank skid and separate it from the tank a little enough to get a cut off wheel in there but one small slip of the cut wheel will make for a very bad day :yup: but on the pass side you can drill with a little angle since your only drilling through one side of the frame

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing the long arm since I haven't even bought it yet. Not even sure if I'll do it myself or not. So far I've done everything myself except for any welding and the regear won't be done by me either.

Top Bottom