LOD Shorty Rear Bumper w/AEV Carrier

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
So I know this might be a stretch, but here it goes...

I am currently running AEV full width bumpers front and rear and I am on the brink if making the switch to shorty bumpers.

That said, I REALLY like the AEV carrier since it is frame mounted and linked to the tailgate (with no extra latches) . Soooo....who thinks I can make the LOD shorty rear bumper work with the AEV carrier? I don't mind a little fabrication, however, I really don't want to spend hours with a plasma cutter either.

Thanks!

jforse

So I know this might be a stretch, but here it goes...

I am currently running AEV full width bumpers front and rear and I am on the brink if making the switch to shorty bumpers.

That said, I REALLY like the AEV carrier since it is frame mounted and linked to the tailgate (with no extra latches) . Soooo....who thinks I can make the LOD shorty rear bumper work with the AEV carrier? I don't mind a little fabrication, however, I really don't want to spend hours with a plasma cutter either.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well since the LōD shorty rear bumper utilizes the frame holes that it looks like the AEV carrier uses to mount, I would say it would be a bitch to make work.

But why don't you give the LōD shorty rear with linked carrier a look. I run it and it works great.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Well since the LōD shorty rear bumper utilizes the frame holes that it looks like the AEV carrier uses to mount, I would say it would be a bitch to make work.

But why don't you give the LōD shorty rear with linked carrier a look. I run it and it works great.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. That said, I do enjoy the single step to open the back end of the Jeep the AEV carrier offers since I am always in/out of the back for work.

I have a friend getting that will soon be ordering the LOD setup and I'll have to check out the bumper before he bolts it up.

Another option on the table is to possibly just pull the bumper all together and install the EVO facia with shackles.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm not completely opposed to the idea. That said, I do enjoy the single step to open the back end of the Jeep the AEV carrier offers since I am always in/out of the back for work.

I have a friend getting that will soon be ordering the LOD setup and I'll have to check out the bumper before he bolts it up.

Another option on the table is to possibly just pull the bumper all together and install the EVO facia with shackles.

Just to be clear, my LoD linked is also a one step opening process. Its smooth and opens fully.

SevenSlotSpartan

Yeah just to reiterate what 10frank9 is saying, the LoD shorty with the gen 4 linked tire carrier allows for the same exact opening process as the AEV. Just like the AEV, the LoD uses a heim joint to link the tire carrier to the tailgate plate. There's also an option to have the tire carrier linked to the bumper and if you run that, it is a 2 step process but it allows for more accessory mounting options like their sweet trail rack or extra jerry can mounts

SevenSlotSpartan

Sorry OP I don't mean to hijack your thread bro but hey frank, can you possibly post some pics of your lod? I'm looking at either running that or a GenRight body mount and I'm having the most difficult time deciding what style to run...

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sorry OP I don't mean to hijack your thread bro but hey frank, can you possibly post some pics of your lod? I'm looking at either running that or a GenRight body mount and I'm having the most difficult time deciding what style to run...

Not the best photo but it's what I have right now. I have rotopax mount and CB mount. It's the linked shorty and has Amber colored RIigis flush mounts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441598448.543571.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441598659.082664.jpg

SevenSlotSpartan

Here is a pic of the LoD and the Genright.

Thanks for the pics!

Not the best photo but it's what I have right now. I have rotopax mount and CB mount. It's the linked shorty and has Amber colored RIigis flush mounts.

Nice rig frank! But hey! So even though yours is linked you can still run the trail rack? I was under the impression that the rack can't mount to the linked version... Learn something new every day! Oh also what size tires are you running?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks for the pics!

Nice rig frank! But hey! So even though yours is linked you can still run the trail rack? I was under the impression that the rack can't mount to the linked version... Learn something new every day! Oh also what size tires are you running?

You can, just have to relocate the CB antenna mount and move the 3rd brake light mount back a hair. I welded my CB mount to the side of the trail rack. Works like a charm. I'm running 37's.

Top Bottom