Lift kit help

OneTuffJeep

I just got a set of Teraflex 2.5 springs and an adjustable Rock Krawler track bar from a friend. I'm planning to put it on this weekend. I have a 15 JKUR. He also gave me the rear sway bar links. Will these still work with the electronic disconnects? Also, is there anything else I should know before I dive into this? I want to run 37's so I was going to cut the fenders and put a 1" puck in. Is this foolish or ok to do? All feedback is greatly appreciated.

t8er

Ok so you still need a rear track bar or track bar bracket and links for the rear seat bar. Plus if you got to 3.5" of lift you'll want control arms or drop brackets to adjust. You'll also need longer brake lines or you can run drop brackets just you need to limit travel somehow. Truthfully I would save up a few bucks and buy an actual lift.

OneTuffJeep

So It sounds like 86 the 37s then. I'd be happy with 35's and 2.5. It didn't seem like it'd be that much trouble going 3.5. I have ordered some 2.5 lift shocks. So is just a rear track bar all I need for the 2.5?

t8er

So It sounds like 86 the 37s then. I'd be happy with 35's and 2.5. It didn't seem like it'd be that much trouble going 3.5. I have ordered some 2.5 lift shocks. So is just a rear track bar all I need for the 2.5?

Track bar or track bar bracket, longer rear seat bar links, still look into brake lines and bump stops if you have shocks coming. You could possibly still run 37's but be ready to trim a lot. I run 37's on a 3.5" lift and I had to trim my rear pinch seams on a 2014. Don't forget to regear and run c gussets with 37's

OneTuffJeep

I will start looking into the brake lines and bump stops. I figured I'd have to trim the pinch seams anyway. I'd love 37s but it just doesn't seem smart with current parts.

Top Bottom