Truck lites

RoughRider

So I'm installing my truck lites and I'm not sure if I've run into a problem I was connecting my adapters and the lights themselves and one of the wires came out like pictured, is this a problem? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441660663.198432.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I've had that happen on a different application and was able to push the wire back into the connector. Then used some silicon gasket material to keep it from being loose. :twocents:

USMC Wrangler

It pulled out of the back of the plug right? Gently, see if you can put it back in and it lines up with the other wires still.

rogerk93

You should be able too push it back in and add silicone to keep it in place and water won't be an issue.

USMC Wrangler

Then try plugging everything in except that one wire. Once that's plugged in see if you can get the loose wire to catch on the TL through the plastic plug. Then test to make sure everything is working right and I would still seal it in with some silicon.

Other than returning/exchanging that one adaptor, I don't know what else to suggest. Hope it works out for you! :yup:

Edit: You beat me to the post! Glad it's together! :thumb:

JamesWyatt

I would add you should make sure there's no play in the lights, and they're held in tightly by the trim rings - sometimes they need help. I thought mine were snug until they started strobing on a bumpy section of interstate. They had just a slight bit of wiggle room I found out. I put a spare spray can nozzle (long thin ones like for WD40) inside the bottom lip of each chrome ring, and they snugged up really well.

JeepJeep75

I would add you should make sure there's no play in the lights, and they're held in tightly by the trim rings - sometimes they need help. I thought mine were snug until they started strobing on a bumpy section of interstate. They had just a slight bit of wiggle room I found out. I put a spare spray can nozzle (long thin ones like for WD40) inside the bottom lip of each chrome ring, and they snugged up really well.

I had to do the same with my passenger side lite. It had a slight wiggle. At night on bumpy freeways it looked like it was strobing. Also, now that you can see exactly where these bad boys are pointing, search "horizontal headlight adjusters". My factory headlight buckets were severely cross-eyed. It drove me nuts until I discovered this $5 mod.

USMC Wrangler

I had to do the same with my passenger side lite. It had a slight wiggle. At night on bumpy freeways it looked like it was strobing. Also, now that you can see exactly where these bad boys are pointing, search "horizontal headlight adjusters". My factory headlight buckets were severely cross-eyed. It drove me nuts until I discovered this $5 mod.

The new adjuster screws arrived today for the horizontal adjustment mod. Hope to get to this soon. I didn't even realize until you mentioned this that it was a possibility and there is an existing notch in the grille for these. Seems ridiculous that Chrysler would skip such a small, inexpensive part.

JeepJeep75

Yea, it's baffling why they skimp on a part like that. I guess when your making half a million JK's, saving $0.14 per jeep adds up. Goes to show how crappy the stock headlights are. Chrysler doesn't care where they aim them because the stock lights are so weak. Oh well. I still love my jeep!

jeeeep

Hooked
The new adjuster screws arrived today for the horizontal adjustment mod. Hope to get to this soon. I didn't even realize until you mentioned this that it was a possibility and there is an existing notch in the grille for these. Seems ridiculous that Chrysler would skip such a small, inexpensive part.

do you have a part number handy? where'd you order from?

USMC Wrangler

do you have a part number handy? where'd you order from?

PN 55078114AA

I ended up ordering from eBay. I found them other places but those others wanted to charge a lot to ship. I paid less than $4 for both adjustment screws, shipped. The seller is mopar_parts_direct.

USMC Wrangler

Just to be clear, you'll need two of those.

Here are a couple pics...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442577509.061672.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442577525.241254.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442577542.514665.jpg

I plan on doing a quick write-up when the weather cools down enough (heat wave for a few days here) and I make the time.

Top Bottom