New brake lines, any recommendations?

Pixel

While replacing my u-joints and hub bearing assemblies over the weekend I noticed that new front brake lines would soon be needed. The extra few dollars for the stainless replacements over the stock seems like the way to go but I wanted to see if anyone had any good input worth sharing from their own experience. Any brands that I should steer clear of? Hoping that the new ones will stiffen the brake pedal feel up a little as well.

JakeJK

While replacing my u-joints and hub bearing assemblies over the weekend I noticed that new front brake lines would soon be needed. The extra few dollars for the stainless replacements over the stock seems like the way to go but I wanted to see if anyone had any good input worth sharing from their own experience. Any brands that I should steer clear of? Hoping that the new ones will stiffen the brake pedal feel up a little as well.

I'd like to know as well.

JudeinPa

I have a set of Rancho on the rear extended brakes and would highly recommend them. I will try to get a picture of them tomorrow to show how they route to the original brake line mounting bracket. Very clean lines (no pun intended)!:D

I have a set of Rough Country extended brake lines on my front brakes and will be replacing them next year. First set I installed and made a mistake buying……:icon_crazy:

Crown was another one of my choices but Rancho are made really nice.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had crown on my last jeep, and will have crown again on this one. Thats what comes with EVO lift kits so yeah....they are good.

JudeinPa

Here are some pics of the Rancho lines on the rear of my JK. They have mounting brackets that resemble stock brake lines.

IMG_0447.jpg IMG_0448.jpg IMG_0450.jpg

I used 1 zip tie on each sway bar link.

My brake lines in the rear both of leaks from rubbing the sway bar. I'm running 3 inch evo springs. Getting 4 inches of lift or more. Which length should I get? Could I go with a 6 to play it safe? Or there is a 3-6 on northridge4x4. Will that work? Also I will be getting relocation brackets for the lines

Top Bottom