Ball joint replacement

Schone

I am working with Northridge4x4 to have c gussets weilded on. They are recommending replacing the stock ball joints at the same time. Their suggested replacements are either Synergy Heavy Duty front ball joint set or Dynatrac Prosteer ball joints. Not being mechanically inclined I am here asking for advice on which way to go. Synergy's are half the price but if I need to replace them down the line would I be better off goingDyantrac? When it comes time to upgrade the front axle can I transfer the ball joints to the new axle?

Thank you for your help.

utiadam

LOSER
If you have the money go for the dynatrac. You'll be happy with them. I have them in my stock housing and havent upgraded axles yet but from what I've heard you are able to transfer them.

Schone

If you have the money go for the dynatrac. You'll be happy with them. I have them in my stock housing and havent upgraded axles yet but from what I've heard you are able to transfer them.
Excellent good to hear. Would rather spend my money wisely once.

tlower07

Dynatrac if you have the money. I'm currently using Alloy, but have already had to replace one (under warranty). Once they are out of warranty, I will be going with Dynatrac when needed again. I regret not doing it the first time.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Dynatrac if you have the money. I'm currently using Alloy, but have already had to replace one (under warranty). Once they are out of warranty, I will be going with Dynatrac when needed again. I regret not doing it the first time.

Buy once, cry once and install once.

Schone

Talked with northridge4x4 again today. Theyhave concerns with trying to reuse the ball joints with a new axle. Just an fyi.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Talked with northridge4x4 again today. Theyhave concerns with trying to reuse the ball joints with a new axle. Just an fyi.

NR told me the same thing. I already had ProSteers in my stock housing and asked about reusing them. I talked with Dynatrac and they told me to press 'em out and reuse them in my new PR. That said, I still decided to get the new ProSteers with my new housings and just sold the old housing with the old ProSteers still installed.

At the end of the day, I can't speak high enough about the Dynatrac joints. I just saw a thread on here today about someone who has already warrantied a set of Synergy balljoints once and is about to wear our set number two outside of warranty. :banghead: I hate doing things twice. Now, if I only would have listened to that advice on other aspects of my Jeep! :cheesy:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Nope? Just was recommended to replace by shop who is weilding on c gussets.

Not an uncommon recommendation. The stock joints have a nylon bushing in them that can easily melt if they over do it on the welding. A good shop will weld about an inch at a time, switching sides between welds and cooling the ball joints with a cold rag. It can be done, but it takes a shop with patience. Depending on the shop, they may charge by the hour and by doing so, cost you more money to save your factory joints.

Top Bottom