Front driveshaft question

jkwebbie

So I drive a 2012 2 door Sport Wrangler. Will a Rubicon drive shaft fit my Jeep? My buddy is going to give me a deal on his used drive shaft, I just don't want to buy it if it doesn't fit. Anyone know???

utiadam

LOSER
So you are thinking of switching a stock sport driveshaft with a stock Rubicon driveshaft? I would say you're better off looking at a 1310 or 1350 Adams driveshaft.

jkwebbie

So you are thinking of switching a stock sport driveshaft with a stock Rubicon driveshaft? I would say you're better off looking at a 1310 or 1350 Adams driveshaft.

I was going to have it as a spare in case I ever broke one on the trail

Jk909

Can you use an aftermarket drive shaft without adjustable control arms ?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The sport and rubicon driveshafts are the exact same assuming you have same engine and transmission combination as you buddy.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry brain wasn't functioning. The rubicon driveshaft is slightly shorter due to the longer d44 pinion and they have different part numbers. As a trail spare it would likely work as the slip yoke would make up for it. I know we put my Rubicon axle in my friends sport and he used same front ds. Never gone other way. Sorry

jkwebbie

Sorry brain wasn't functioning. The rubicon driveshaft is slightly shorter due to the longer d44 pinion and they have different part numbers. As a trail spare it would likely work as the slip yoke would make up for it. I know we put my Rubicon axle in my friends sport and he used same front ds. Never gone other way. Sorry

Thanks bud!!!!

Top Bottom