Premium EVIC Upgrade for 2011 JK Sport S

WxNerd2015

Hello all,

This is my first post on Wayalife, however I have been reading for a while. I have seen some of the forum posts on here as well as a few of the other sites but I wanted to get a bunch of peoples opinions and hopefully someone will actually know the true right answer. I am looking to upgrade my 2011 JK Sport S model which has the base instrument cluster to the Premium EVIC instrument cluster. I know there was one on Rubicons in 2011, however I would like to upgrade to a 2014 or 2015 model Premium EVIC. I have already added a 730 RHR radio that I pulled out of a 2011 Ram 3500 and that was fully plug and play. My steering wheel control on the left side is starting to go as well (the STEP button sometimes will not do anything when pressed) so I want to upgrade the switch on the steering wheel too.

My question is, I have seen those who have '12+ JK's swap clusters out for new models and it has been plug and play with no issue at all, however, I know the clusters look the same physically '11-present, however there was one major change which was the switch from the 3.8L V6 in '11 to the 3.6L V6 Pentastar in the '12+. Does this make a difference in the instrument cluster? I know the cluster has it's own "brains", but does the engine make a difference and would prevent swapping the cluster? I know they also have the same high-speed CAN-BUS, but I was unsure if the different engine would cause an issue. Thanks!

Top Bottom