Loaded or Unloaded which carrier to buy

nknacd

I've been doing a lot of research on regearing as I was one of those newbies who bought a jeep with 3.21 as they didn't know any better. Now I would like to regear to 4.88s as i'm running 33's now and would like to go to 35s in the future. Anyways, i know i need a new carrier as my dana 30 requires it to run 4.88s but what is the difference between a loaded and unloaded carrier? why would i choose one over the other?

and yes i know why regear a dana 30 as it's pointless... i don't wheel too often and when i do its mostly greens and blues so i don't see a need to upgrade to a dana 44 right now I just want my power back as i only get to use 4 of my 6 gears now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Based on what you said, I might recommend that you get something like a Detroit Tructrac installed. For the limited amount of wheeling you do, it will help out and being that you're going to be doing a regear, the labor involved will already be taken care of. Just a thought.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I believe the loaded version comes with new spider gears and the unloaded version is just the plain carrier. Seems like Ive heard/seen that before. I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom