Rancho 9000 shocks for Enforcer lift & other questions

Clark Collins

I am planning on installing the 3" EVO Enforcer lift on my 2010 JKUS in the near future. I would like to run the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks with that lift. I haven't been able to find the part numbers for the proper shocks for that lift. I am planning on ordering the lift, shocks and new front drive shaft from Northridge, but may not order everything at the same time. I want to get the shocks while Rancho's 4 for the price of 3 "Shocktober" sale is on, but will have to save up for awhile before ordering the other parts. I may be able to just get that information from Northridge, but thought I would check on the forum first. I have the following other questions as well.

I am not intending to do the "drag link flip" option with the 3" lift and would like some feedback on that also.

I've been advised that I should pay the extra money for a 1350 as opposed to a 1310 driveshaft. Is the extra strength really needed when I've been getting along fine with the stock DS and smaller lift?

I have been doing some rock crawling and the increased lift is so I can do rougher trails and obstacles. this is my daily driver. My signature below has my current set up.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I am planning on installing the 3" EVO Enforcer lift on my 2010 JKUS in the near future. I would like to run the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks with that lift. I haven't been able to find the part numbers for the proper shocks for that lift. I am planning on ordering the lift, shocks and new front drive shaft from Northridge, but may not order everything at the same time. I want to get the shocks while Rancho's 4 for the price of 3 "Shocktober" sale is on, but will have to save up for awhile before ordering the other parts. I may be able to just get that information from Northridge, but thought I would check on the forum first. I have the following other questions as well.

I am not intending to do the "drag link flip" option with the 3" lift and would like some feedback on that also.

I've been advised that I should pay the extra money for a 1350 as opposed to a 1310 driveshaft. Is the extra strength really needed when I've been getting along fine with the stock DS and smaller lift?

I have been doing some rock crawling and the increased lift is so I can do rougher trails and obstacles. this is my daily driver. My signature below has my current set up.

You may contact rancho on here to get your answer on shocks. That is what I did but I am looking at the 4 inch enforcer lift and rock star skids in the rear.

You will need to address your steering at 3 inches of lift. The drag link flip is a better option that a drop pitman arm. Ive seen people still have steering issues with a drop pitman arm.

The 1350 will stand up to more than the 1310, even on your current tire size. If you were to go to 37s you would already have the 1350 joints and not have to upgrade again. If you never go to 37s then your 1350 shaft should stand up to quite a bit. Overkill will never leave you stranded.

Just my two cents.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
P/N's for a 3" lift (we also use this on a 4" system too FYI)
RS999329 front
Rs999330 rear
P/N's for a 4" lift
RS999331 front
RS999332 rear

329 vs 331 front travel differences 1.12"
330 vs 332 rear travel differences .5"

CCTX50

Did you ever do your install of the EVO Enforcer with Rancho 9000's? I am thinking of doing the same and was looking for any advice that people have on this set up. I have read through Enforcers Unite thread and there is a ton of info there. I am looking at the 3". Post up some pictures if you have.

Clark Collins

P/N's for a 3" lift (we also use this on a 4" system too FYI)
RS999329 front
Rs999330 rear
P/N's for a 4" lift
RS999331 front
RS999332 rear

329 vs 331 front travel differences 1.12"
330 vs 332 rear travel differences .5"
I am now thinking I might go with RS7000 series shocks so that I don't need to get relocation brackets that I understand are required for the larger diameter 9000 series shocks. What part #s would be required if I go that route? How would the ride with 7000s compare to with 9000s? I might even consider the new 5000x series shocks. How do they compare?

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
What relocation brackets by chance?
If these, it really won't matter who the shock company is, honestly, it is the nature of the JK suspension. Unless you switch out to something like this:
hXXps://www.nem-ind.com/products/jk-wrangler-07-14/suspension/jk-2-4-d-factory-44-front-shock-correction-kit.html
The 7000's run FIRMER than the 9000's since they are a monotube style. Some like that, others say it is too firm.
RS7329
RS7330
The 5000X is a great all around shock, honestly. It is a real tough shock to beat at $55 a corner.
RS55329
RS55330
And the rebate going on now too...
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

Thanks Matt

I am now thinking I might go with RS7000 series shocks so that I don't need to get relocation brackets that I understand are required for the larger diameter 9000 series shocks. What part #s would be required if I go that route? How would the ride with 7000s compare to with 9000s? I might even consider the new 5000x series shocks. How do they compare?

Top Bottom