Wiper blades

Gbradley25

This may be a real dumb thread, but what kind of wiper blades is everyone using? I know the wrangler takes a 15 in blade. Does anyone use a 16 in beam blade or know of a 15" beam blade.

Thanks,

Grant.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just picked up some 15" beam blade wipers from O'reilly auto. If you need the brand I can probably get it. They were approx. $16 on sale for $11

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Whatever came with the jeep. Probably get rain x ones when these are shot.

I went through two sets of rain-x blades on my F-150 that I had trouble with surprisingly. I had them replaced for free the first time and the next set did the same thing (it was a dry year and not sure if that caused the issue). For the cost I was disappointed.

I do however swear by rain-x for all my glass windows!! Mud, snow, and water won't stick to your window and the driving visibility in hard rains is 1000 times better! IMO with regular application of rain-x (liquid) to the glass as needed the inexpensive blades work just as well as the rain-x blades and last just as long.

ssh6314

Rain x fusion blades are the best I've ever used. Use them on all my cars. Well worth the 18-20 dollar tag per blade. But they are hard to find in a 15. It took me awile.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I went through two sets of rain-x blades on my F-150 that I had trouble with surprisingly. I had them replaced for free the first time and the next set did the same thing (it was a dry year and not sure if that caused the issue). For the cost I was disappointed.

I do however swear by rain-x for all my glass windows!! Mud, snow, and water won't stick to your window and the driving visibility in hard rains is 1000 times better! IMO with regular application of rain-x (liquid) to the glass as needed the inexpensive blades work just as well as the rain-x blades and last just as long.

I never had problems with them in the past. Although I don't have to use my wipers all that often in SoCal.

dchew

Caught the Bug
16" works ok

I had a broken blade a few months back so I needed one fast, but no 15" around, so I got a pair of 16". They work fine, but they do extend about 1/4 inch above the glass at the top of the windshield.

Dave

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I run the 16" Bosch Icon blades on my JK. 16" fits great. Helps clear more of the windshield of snow/slush in the winter.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
OverlanderJK said:
Just when is author it starts to rain lol

This is supposed to say "just when I say that it starts to rain" but I guess my iPhone wanted it to say something else.

Gibbo

I do however swear by rain-x for all my glass windows!! Mud said:
I also like the rain-x, however 3 stone chip repairs ago they told me not to use it as it won't let the resin stick to the glass. I live near coal mines and there's lots of trucks. I've been through 3 windscreens, and 3 chip repairs in 2 years. That flat windscreen's a magnet for stones.

Top Bottom