Pro rock

Lance628

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a prorock 44 I have a d30 now, I was wondering if anything is usable on the new setup brakes, wheel bearings, etc ?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
If I understand correctly, you re-use your knuckles and everything attached to them.

Correct, but it depends on how he is ordering his PR. Coming from a D30, I'm guessing it will have the ARB and either Ten Factory or RCV shafts. There is also the possibility of it having the Reid knuckles too if ordered from NR.

If it does not have the knuckles, you will reuse the knuckles and everything outboard (unit bearing, rotor, caliper). If it comes with knuckles, just swap your unit bearings, rotors and calipers on to the new knuckles.

OP - Are you able to provide the configuration of your PR?

Lance628

It's just going to be the housing I kinda did it the hard way I already have gears and an arb air locker for it

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It's just going to be the housing I kinda did it the hard way I already have gears and an arb air locker for it

If it is just the housing, make sure you have the correct locker for it. There are two different housings, one that accepts the factory locker and another than accepts a slightly larger ARB. The carriers are not interchangeable between the two housings. Also, you will need shafts either way as the D30 shafts will not work with either carrier.

Ddays

Hooked
I would highly suggest you let NR4X4 set up your gears and locker. Axle shafts are one thing but unless this is something you have experience at doing, let the pros do it.
They did my PR44 unlimited and PR 60. Zero issues, just like I like it. Don't be afraid to call these guys either. Of all the shops I've ever dealt with, these guys are the best :rock:
You are going to love that axle setup man - it's awesome!

Pay more? Do you have PR44 Unlimited with 5.13's Dyna ball joints and electric lockers in stock? Or do you put them together?

We have every component in stock ready to build the pro rock to your specifications.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'd buy right from dynatrac.

That was originally my plan, but being in state meant nearly $350 in tax and another ~$100 in shipping costs. Going through NR I saved the tax and free shipping. The savings right there covered the cost of Dynatrac ball joints.

Top Bottom