2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

Scubasteve91

I have been doing some research for a couple weeks now and still so mixed on ideas on lifts.

The Jeep:

2008 JKU Sahara
Automatic
S**ittybilt bumper and winch
3.73 rear end

Central Ohio

What I'm looking for out of my Jeep:

I am looking for a nice lift to fit a 33" tire and maybe 35" down the road. It's my daily driver and want to do some trail riding and eventually go out west to hit some larger trails. I'm not looking to be a hard core rock crawler but basically make it through some mud and technical sections on a trail when some "flex" and other clearances are needed.

Also I want to have similar ride to stock. But honestly if it is a tad stiffer I won't mind. The fiancée might though. Haha Oh and the other reason I want just 2.5" lift is so I don't have to buy drive shafts and God knows what else.

Kits that I have looked at:

Terraflex 2.5" Lift w/shocks
Rubicon Express 2.5" Lift w/Monotube
AEV 2.5" Dual Sport XT
Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel w/o shocks

The Budget:

I plan on getting the lift after winter is over. So I have time to save. But at the moment I do not want to go over $1,000.

Any recommendations would be great or saying one of said kits are good!

Thank you all!!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Please understand that most spring lifts will net you more that 2.5" of lift, (most of the time about 3") forcing you to get drive shafts sooner rather than later.

If you like the current ride quality of your JK, I recommend a budget boost. If you want more articulation you could get longer shocks but you run the risk again of damaging your drive shaft boot.

Other than that, something like the Rancho 2" sport lift or the EVO leveling kit will net enough room to run 33s and, if you cut your fenders, 35z.

Scubasteve91

Please understand that most spring lifts will net you more that 2.5" of lift, (most of the time about 3") forcing you to get drive shafts sooner rather than later.

If you like the current ride quality of your JK, I recommend a budget boost. If you want more articulation you could get longer shocks but you run the risk again of damaging your drive shaft boot.

Other than that, something like the Rancho 2" sport lift or the EVO leveling kit will net enough room to run 33s and, if you cut your fenders, 35z.

Sweet! I will look into those. Thanks for letting me know that those lifts run a tad higher.

chester

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442002370.407636.jpg
I have the Daystar 1.75" budget boost. 1" Teraflex body lift. Cut fenders no rubbing on 35's. You should have no problem with 33's. Go with the 35's you'll regret not doing it if you don't.

This ^^^^^ . perfect options under 1k w/o getting complicating other things.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

View attachment 164446
I have the Daystar 1.75" budget boost. 1" Teraflex body lift. Cut fenders no rubbing on 35's. You should have no problem with 33's. Go with the 35's you'll regret not doing it if you don't.

^^^ this is a nice way to go.
I just cut the fenders ( and rock rails / pinch seam) on mine and 35s fit on stock suspension.

Simple fix. When you are ready for 37s add lift and done

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442003858.598654.jpg

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

I'm running 2.5 budget boost with Rancho 7000 shocks. I'm running 285/75/16. I could could run 35's , I have about 500 bucks in lift and shocks total. No driveshaft worries. [emoji106] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442003928.447706.jpg

Scubasteve91

How does a Terraflex 2.5" BB w/ Bilstein shocks? Because if I read MR.Ty post correctly as long as it's not a spring lift I should be safe?

JakeJK

2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

How does a Terraflex 2.5" BB w/ Bilstein shocks? Because if I read MR.Ty post correctly as long as it's not a spring lift I should be safe?

I've got a RK stock mod 2.5 with bilstein shocks got it for 675

With lift
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442006210.585215.jpg

Without
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442006235.797762.jpg
I love it, stiffer than stock, I wouldn't say by much. I did net about 3 inches though but I plan to run stock drive shafts until my boot tears or something

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

If they are the ones that come in a kit you should be fine. You could also go with a kit that comes with shock extenders.

Also look for a kit that comes with bumps stops, rear track bar bracket and brake line brackets and you'll be set.

zzachm18

I have the teraflex 2.5 coils with shock adapters. Running a heavy front bumper and a hard top. I've done moderate trails and both driveshafts are fine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442008604.795130.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442008604.795130.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 206

Scubasteve91

If they are the ones that come in a kit you should be fine. You could also go with a kit that comes with shock extenders.

Also look for a kit that comes with bumps stops, rear track bar bracket and brake line brackets and you'll be set.

Thank you! This is making the decision not as hard now haha

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So it's not misunderstood, the length of the stock will determine your droop. An other shock will yield the same amount of travel as long as they are the same length.

For a budget boost, and a desire to preserve your stock drive shafts, the safest bet it to get a kit with shock extenders.

Scubasteve91

So it's not misunderstood, the length of the stock will determine your droop. An other shock will yield the same amount of travel as long as they are the same length.

For a budget boost, and a desire to preserve your stock drive shafts, the safest bet it to get a kit with shock extenders.

Ahhh! That makes sense.

Noticed you are from Virginia Beach. I was there last week seeing some family. Went and wheeled off of Tim rd. hahaha You ever go there?

Top Bottom