Poison Spyder crusher flares

Ant's JK

Just wonder how the install is with these flares, if it's difficult or fairly simple? And some pics of them please

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty straight forward. If you don't play on terrain where you'll hit them really hard, they'll be a nice addition to your Jeep.

Ant's JK

Here in New England with all the trees I'd probably hit them on a few so that's good to know, thank you. On the other side I don't wheel that much. But thank you for that

jeeper52

LOSER
Before you start make sure you have that stupid off size drill bit that nobody stocks. I got lucky and found one at fastenall.

Are the stock inner liners used ?

Only up front. I bedlined the rear wheel well.

One thing that was funny, was all the pebbles kicking up on the trails made small metallic tinging sounds before I bedlined the underside of my fenders. hahaha

Good luck and have fun with your install.

Grubbicon

Only up front. I bedlined the rear wheel well.

One thing that was funny, was all the pebbles kicking up on the trails made small metallic tinging sounds before I bedlined the underside of my fenders. hahaha

Good luck and have fun with your install.

Mine are the same way. You beat me to it.

Grubbicon

Will the bedline hold up to the abuse of winter and rocks pinging off it

I cant speak much for winter considering we are lucky if it snows here in Georgia. But i can say its had no probably will rocks and things of that nature hitting it.

canadianjku

Will the bedline hold up to the abuse of winter and rocks pinging off it

I have bedlined a few things on my jeep over the past few years and live in a very snowy area where we use a lot of salt on the roads. It holds up reasonably well but gets pretty messy. The great thing about bedlining the fender wells is that its a very easy area to clean and will take no time to give it a new coat in the spring if need be. That is my plan.

allwhitejeeps

My biggest problem was finding a way to tighten all of the bolts haha. I couldn't find a 17/32 drill bit so I just played around with a couple different sizes. Took a little time making everything fit together. Also the nutserts were new to me but the instructions were fine. I would make the holes for the nutserts a little smaller and then use a rubber mallet to push it in. It took me 2 days with 2 people.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AaronG83NM

Before you start make sure you have that stupid off size drill bit that nobody stocks. I got lucky and found one at fastenall.

I think it was a 17/32 but im not certain on that. Someone on here should know for sure the size.

I just finished installing mine and the hardest part was finding the 17/32 drill bit. Other then that it wasn't to bad getting them installed.

SJ21XDC

Yes, finding the 17/32" drill bit was the hardest part. After trying Sears, and several auto parts stores, I ended up finding one at Northern Tool. Went with the aluminum version. Had the underside/tubes black powder coated and the top paint matched red. (5-22-15) 2.jpg (7-4-15) 3.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Have you seen them take a hit with any negative/positive effects?

Not personally, but these pictures from mce were enough for me.

Attachments

• 1442256946741.jpg
    1442256946741.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 1442256969870.jpg
    1442256969870.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 1442256983807.jpg
    1442256983807.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom