Evo gears special question

rsmwrangler

Looking to regear my JKU with 4.56's, and i see the $999 special they have on their website,
i'm a new in the forum, and new to the JK world, does this includes all parts + install price, and is this a reliable kit ? i don't see any specific brand they use, which is not a big deal, but mainly looking to know if they're quality gears that will last and won't sing like the best of the sopranos at highway speeds ?
i'm also looking to add an Eaton-elocker rear, and Detroit TT front, and while there, also do C-gussets and sleeves for the front in my D30, and also add the Synergy ball joints to it. I'll call Evo tomorrow to get a quote, but wanted to do more more research about their gear kit, and i think i may have found the best forum to ask about Evo stuff :)
Thanks in advance.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If you get your gears done at Offroad Evolution (ORE) you will get standard gears and all is included. By the way ORE and EVO are two different companies. One is a shop (ORE) the other makes parts.

rsmwrangler

All gears are made in the same plant in Korea. Doesn't matter what brand they use.

I would also steer clear of e lockers and locking your D30. Also don't do sleeves as its a waste and get us alloy ball joints. Same as synergy and cheaper. Save yourself some money on that turd of an axle.

Detroit Tue trac is not a locker, so I wouldn't be locking the front.
And what's wrong with an elocker again?
I'll check the US alloy ball joints, thanks a lot for the tip
So should i just do the c-gussets and call it a day?
I don't have the dove for an aftermarket d44, so I'm just trying to make the d30 a tad stronger, another reason I'm sporting 33's and not 35's, among other things.

quickc6

I had my gears changed there 3 weeks ago. Had 4.88 installed for 35" tires and all the added accessories I added (bumpers,wheels,skid plates and so forth)it really added to the weight of the jeep. The switch from 4.10 to 4.88 was amazing. There good people there. You won't be sorry.

seanb123

I don't have the dove for an aftermarket d44, so I'm just trying to make the d30 a tad stronger, another reason I'm sporting 33's and not 35's, among other things.

Just my 2 cents I've had the Elocker for a while now, the newer 4 pin design, and have been happy with it. I like not having to worry about the compressor to run the locker

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm wonder why overlander's post is only in the reply quotes but not in the thread...is this a new feature?

jeeeep

Hooked

the Detroit Tru Trac is not a typical locker but it will put all the force on the non-spinning wheel and it's that unexpected possible force that could end up breaking your D30

There are some posts from other members who installed the sleeves and the D30 tubing broke around the sleeve, sleeve held up but the axle was still toast.

save some money, regear and gusset the D30 and call it a day and start a new front axle savings. When your D30 fails you hopefully you'll have enough to shop a D44 or PR44

rsmwrangler

the Detroit Tru Trac is not a typical locker but it will put all the force on the non-spinning wheel and it's that unexpected possible force that could end up breaking your D30

There are some posts from other members who installed the sleeves and the D30 tubing broke around the sleeve, sleeve held up but the axle was still toast.

save some money, regear and gusset the D30 and call it a day and start a new front axle savings. When your D30 fails you hopefully you'll have enough to shop a D44 or PR44

Ah ok that makes sense with the true trac, in that case I'd leave the front open and rely on the rear elocker.
I was checking the price on the PR44 with axels, gears, an e-locker, etc, etc, and came out to be almost $5k, damn.. And to think I promised the wife I wasn't spending any money in mods if I got the Jeep besides some tires and a small lift ;)

Hot94Z28

Ah ok that makes sense with the true trac, in that case I'd leave the front open and rely on the rear elocker.
I was checking the price on the PR44 with axels, gears, an e-locker, etc, etc, and came out to be almost $5k, damn.. And to think I promised the wife I wasn't spending any money in mods if I got the Jeep besides some tires and a small lift ;)

She should know better than that.

Top Bottom