Brake pads

metalic

I'm due for new front pads. Has anyone found EBC, Hawk, or any others to be better than a quality pad from Napa or any parts store?

Shantz

Stay away from powerstop z23... they sing all day long! Breaking is amazing, stop on a dime, just can't stand the squealing.

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
Don't know about the Napa pads, but I've been running the EBC Greenstuffs on the rear for about 33k miles now without issue. No squealing, no failures, etc.

Spaste19

I have had the Hawk's on ( front and rear) for a few months with my 35's. I'm pretty happy with them. Haven't used any other aftermarket on my rig, so not sure how they would compare to the others. Pretty decent stop power though IMO.

Bustedback

I have had great luck with Performance Friction pads on heavily overloaded one ton trucks. Once they're seated in they work great and last longer than the factory pads.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I prefer OE pads. Sure, they don't last as long as a lot of aftermarket pads but in my opinion, they perform better.

AaronG83NM

Personally, I prefer OE pads. Sure, they don't last as long as a lot of aftermarket pads but in my opinion, they perform better.

I agree OE pads are the best choice. Some aftermarket pads can be noisy cause of the materials they are mad with.

Johnnyboy33

I have been working on cars for 15 years. I prefer Wagner thermo quiet pads. I use them exclusively. Imo best pads on the market low dust and low noise.

Dr. Satan

Looks like OEM from dealer has value line $76 and mopar at $120. They said the mopar come on the Jeep when new?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OE from the dealer or the equivalent from someplace like Napa.

It's been a while since I've had to buy factory pads but when I had, there was only one choice.

Top Bottom