Air filter

1BAMF'nJKU

Just wanted to see what brand of air filter everyone is using and what is recommended. I am still running stock filter and believe I'm going to stay away from cai. I am getting ready to order new and think I may just go with k&n. Thanks in advance!!!

bfschor

Wix for me. They've been good, cheap and easy to find. If I ever get an itch to replace my intake system, it'll be with a Volant and a Donaldson filter.

utiadam

LOSER
I use wix as well. I'm in Arizona and a lot of our tails end up being pretty fast pace on the entrance or exit and it's rediculously dusty. I've thought about a k&n filter but haven't pulled the trigger. I'll never get a cold air intake though.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442200967.758663.jpg

Suprchrgd_rubi

I was going to get an airraid but looks basically the same as stock other than the filter, sticking with stock for right now, it would be great to see how much the 3.6l uses in cfm and what stock filter system flows compared to other cai at least stock if you end up with a issues your local parts store most likely has a new filter for you.

aldaman

.... I am running the AFE replacement/drop in filter which is washable & supposedly flows more....

:beer:

mpkelley20

I run K&N. I can honestly say I felt no difference in power. Only thing it does is cause me oily hands when I need to clean it. If there is a benefit, it may be lieftime cost for air filters.

As for warranty....never had an issue with it affecting anything.

WJCO

Meme King
I work in the warranty side of the auto industry. I do see claims denied pretty much daily due to something as simple as a modified air filter. If you have an extended warranty, read your contract inclusions/exclusions regarding modifications. As far as factory warranty, check with your dealer/trusted service advisor. Some of the claim denials are bogus, but the legal language of the contract holds up in courts most of the time. I personally would stay with the OEM setup for dusty trails, however, I had to modify mine with a DIY setup (home depot ABS pipe !) due to relocating my washer bottle (WJ). As far as many other street vehicles, I've ran lots of K&Ns. I like the benefit of buying an air filter one time.

LasVegasJK

I have a K&N that I run on pavement, which is probably 90% of drive time.
Also have a couple Wix filters that I put in before wheeling. It only takes 2 minutes to switch them.

utiadam

LOSER
I have a K&N that I run on pavement, which is probably 90% of drive time.
Also have a couple Wix filters that I put in before wheeling. It only takes 2 minutes to switch them.

That's a good idea. Hadn't thought about having multiple filters to swap out

David1tontj

Ok, thanks to everyone for the helpful info. I believe I may just do the k&n and leave it at that.

After all the oil consumption issues and bad motors I've heard about, In the dust i'd stick with a mopar, and if you insist on the k&n, I'd at least get a mopar filter for whenever you take it to the dealer... [emoji16]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have only ever heard bad things about k&n filters. From what I'm told there filter is so paper thin that it allows a lot of dust and particles thru the filter to get into the engine. If I were you I would stick with mopar.

Top Bottom