Atx Slabs questions???

Jeep2010

I've been looking into these for a little while and have heard fantastic things about them. But I do drive my jeep on road as well and was wondering if it would be a problem doing so. I do my oil changed and stuff myself and figured if there were maintenance with it I would check then, if I keep up on that would it lower the risk greatly or just a thing to check? I've never had bead locked wheels before and don't want to get in over my head. My plan is to pair them with 37" tires and coilovers and just want something that will take the abuse and remain reliable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here you go. Really great wheels so far for me.

Attachments

• 1442248680130.jpg
    1442248680130.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 182
So I really shouldn't have problems running them as long as I check the ring bolts regularly?

I've got 50k+ on mine with numerous wheeling trips and never had a problem with them. One of the best wheels I've ever owned. I check mine after every rotation and wheeling trip and have rarely had one loosen up.

Jeep2010

I've got 50k+ on mine with numerous wheeling trips and never had a problem with them. One of the best wheels I've ever owned. I check mine after every rotation and wheeling trip and have rarely had one loosen up.

That makes me feel better. Like I said I've heard nothing but great things but I drive a ton of miles. Average 25-30k a year and I rotate my tires every oil change so checking that won't be a problem for me. And with me being in Ohio there isn't too many wheeling spots close to me so I have to drive there awhile.

That makes me feel better. Like I said I've heard nothing but great things but I drive a ton of miles. Average 25-30k a year and I rotate my tires every oil change so checking that won't be a problem for me. And with me being in Ohio there isn't too many wheeling spots close to me so I have to drive there awhile.

I drive about the same including my wheeling trips. I wouldn't worry at all. I cruise down the road at 85mph on 40" tires with cruise set and no shakes, no balancing or weights. You'll love them.

Jeep2010

I drive about the same including my wheeling trips. I wouldn't worry at all. I cruise down the road at 85mph on 40" tires with cruise set and no shakes, no balancing or weights. You'll love them.

I can't even remember what 85 mph feels like in my Jeep hahah. Thanks a lot though.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I mounted another set of 40 trail grapplers on atx camber pro ll's yesterday, and as crippledpetey said, you basically just put the tire on the wheel, no balancing, etc. One thing I noticed, make sure you go around and around until all the bolts are within torque specs, double check them even after you think they are good before airing them up. This will insure a smooth ride. This may or may not have caused a slight vibration during the first test drive. :)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
When checking the torque regularly do you all do it with the tire inflated and jeeps weight setting on them or get the jeep in the air? Or completely remove them from the jeep?

bkac

Caught the Bug
When checking the torque regularly do you all do it with the tire inflated and jeeps weight setting on them or get the jeep in the air? Or completely remove them from the jeep?

I normally do it during rotation, air in but off the jeep!

Panda

I mounted another set of 40 trail grapplers on atx camber pro ll's yesterday, and as crippledpetey said, you basically just put the tire on the wheel, no balancing, etc. One thing I noticed, make sure you go around and around until all the bolts are within torque specs, double check them even after you think they are good before airing them up. This will insure a smooth ride. This may or may not have caused a slight vibration during the first test drive. :)

Same here but 37's no balancing smooth at 90

bkac

Caught the Bug
Same here but 37's no balancing smooth at 90

Mine aren't balanced either, I just had to run around the ring one more time. I think it was a bit loose on one side after I drove it. I tightened them up and got it up to 80. Smooth sailing now! It's amazing you don't have to balance them! Love the atx wheel.

Top Bottom