First Major Mod! Need Opinions/Ideas

sbclancy13

I have a '14 JKU Rubicon with roughly 15k miles and I am currently running the stock setup. I would like to put on a 3-3.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, and 17 inch wheels with wheel spacers. Any low cost ideas or suggestions? And any necessities I'm missing? Thanks

chester

Do a budget boost, cut fenders and your good to go. I'm running 35's with a 1,75 Daystar budget boost Teraflex 1.25 body lift ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442258768.643840.jpg

JakeJK

I have a '14 JKU Rubicon with roughly 15k miles and I am currently running the stock setup. I would like to put on a 3-3.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, and 17 inch wheels with wheel spacers. Any low cost ideas or suggestions? And any necessities I'm missing? Thanks

Either 2.5 inch RK or 3" evo enforcer with plush rides

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Welcome to Wayalife!

You will get a lot of different suggestions but you have to ask yourself a couple of things. How will you use your Jeep? What is your end goal? What is your budget?

Personally I wanted the best on-road ride and the most complete kit that will allow me to play on the rocks and have a comfortable drive home too. I am running 37's on a 4" EVO Enforcer kit which comes complete with coils, rear track bar bracket, longer steel braided brake lines, bump stops and lower adjustable control arms. I paired that with the EVO drag link flip which comes with a drag link that goes on top of your steering knuckle correcting your steering geometry and a raised front track bar bracket. You can choose any shocks you want to run, high dollar Kings or anything your budget allows.

JakeJK

I have the rk 2.5 while I like it I'm not so sure I'd do it the same again. I've really been wanting those plush rides recently

I like the ride, I'm not a fan of super soft coils it's a preference thing I'd assume, this is coming from a guy who used to drive a truck though

chester

With mine it was simple and cheap. Until I can do a real suspension. Then sell my budget boost. I'm all about baby steps with two kids and a mortgage I have to take it slow. Good luck.

hbkid22

As 10Frank said, you will get many answers but first you need to know what you want from your jeep then go from there. Dont rush into any mods until you know what you want otherwise you will be wasting money and taking it all out. But if you want something simple/cheap go with a budget boost and cut fenders...That way you dont have to spend a lot of money on other upgrades if you dont plan on wheeling hard or using it offroading. Taking it camping is different than offroading so just know what you want to ultimately use it for....

Ddays

Hooked
As 10Frank said, you will get many answers but first you need to know what you want from your jeep then go from there. Dont rush into any mods until you know what you want otherwise you will be wasting money and taking it all out.

Amen to those 2 sentences. That's probably some of the best advice you will receive on this forum. I'm going to start a 'rebuild' thread once Brown Santa brings all of the stuff I've ordered that replaces some of the junk I bought when I first started out. It's hard admitting that, but I don't want stuff on my Jeep that can break when you need it most. One thing I'd like to add is to buy the best quality that you can afford, otherwise wait til you can afford it. You'll be pissed at yourself in the long run if you don't.

Edit - Welcome from Darlington, Pa!

sbclancy13

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think im going to save up a while longer to get the best quality parts. Updates to come!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the advice everyone, I think im going to save up a while longer to get the best quality parts. Updates to come!

Saving up and doing things right is always a good thing but just so you didn't miss it as I noticed nobody quite said it, 3.5" of lift is A LOT OF LIFT for just 35" tires. Hell, I run my 40" tires with that much lift. 3" is all you really need if you plan on keeping your factory fenders intact and 2.5" would be even better if you decide to trim your fenders or run aftermarket flat fenders.

sbclancy13

Saving up and doing things right is always a good thing but just so you didn't miss it as I noticed nobody quite said it, 3.5" of lift is A LOT OF LIFT for just 35" tires. Hell, I run my 40" tires with that much lift. 3" is all you really need if you plan on keeping your factory fenders intact and 2.5" would be even better if you decide to trim your fenders or run aftermarket flat fenders.

Thanks for the advice, definitely something to think about. On a different note, would 37" tires on a rubicon require power mods? I wouldnt dream of going that big quite yet but my buddy has 35"s on now and wants to make the jump.

Thanks

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the advice, definitely something to think about. On a different note, would 37" tires on a rubicon require power mods? I wouldnt dream of going that big quite yet but my buddy has 35"s on now and wants to make the jump.

Thanks

Nah, but a regear would help. Some would consider it a must!

Top Bottom