Factory fog lights not working

aldaman

Hello, prior to starting this thread I did a search and did not find a solution. I have a friend who has a '11 JKU Sahara with the factory fog lights that are not working. This is what I did.

-Used his programmer to see if there are any trouble codes. There were none.
-Disconnected the battery for 10 mins. Did not help.
-Checked the fuses (J10 & M32) all good. But not sure if they are the right fuses.
-Disconnect the fog light harnesses at the bumper and reconnected them. Did not help.

I was thinking of replacing the bulbs but find it odd that both would go out at the same time. Do you think it could be the bulbs or the steering stalk switch?

Please advise, thanks....

:beer:

WJCO

Meme King
Unlikely that both bulbs went out, but you never know. Any signs of water intrusion or condensation in both bulbs? Since you can access the connectors, I would use a DVOM and see if you have power to the bulbs when the switch is on. Check ground circuit too. If you do have power, then you need bulbs. You can also use the meter to just ohm out the bulbs and/or check for continuity to ensure there's not an open circuit, this is a faster way to test the bulbs.

If you don't have power at the lights with the switch turned on, then the troubleshooting fun begins from there. Good luck.

mpkelley20

Are the 2011's using those odd bulbs still? The psx24w or something like that? I had significant issues with mine burning out preamturely so I tried different bulbs including the cheap Pilot lights you can get at autozone and those kept burning out as well. At that point I just assumed it was my wiring so I ended up re-running mine to a switch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Both of my bulbs on my 2011 went out last year at the same time. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the harness and I was good.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Both of my bulbs on my 2011 went out last year at the same time. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the harness and I was good.

^^^^Probably this! You might want to consider waterproof di-electric grease on the bulb connections. Depending on where you are in Hawaii, I think constant moisture can be a pain in the connections. Good luck!

WJCO

Meme King
^^^^Probably this! You might want to consider waterproof di-electric grease on the bulb connections. Depending on where you are in Hawaii, I think constant moisture can be a pain in the connections. Good luck!

^^^^ Didn't catch the Hawaii location. FYI, we see a ton more corrosion related failures in Hawaii and Florida, very possible.

Top Bottom