2016 JKUR 3" EVO Enforcer and Poison Spyder diff covers

Weeeee

Just picked up my 2016 JKUR and I am starting to order parts for the build, first order is additional armor. I like the Poison Spyder differ covers the best but I want to be certain that they don't have clearance issues on the JKUR and the 3" EVO Enforcer lift.
The Front and Rear track bars are kept stock with this lift.

Any one have any experience?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just picked up my 2016 JKUR and I am starting to order parts for the build, first order is additional armor. I like the Poison Spyder differ covers the best but I want to be certain that they don't have clearance issues on the JKUR and the 3" EVO Enforcer lift.
The Front and Rear track bars are kept stock with this lift.

Any one have any experience?

You are good with that combo..

I added diff covers before a lift and they were fine. I would suggest at least raising the rear axle side track bar bracket with 3" of lift. The new covers have a corrected fill port so it isn't as easy to overfill the diff.

I like the looks of the PS covers, but they are no where near as strong as others.... Still they are an improvement. This said, I haven't seen many dent the stock cover. Bending an untrimmed lip is common though. :yup:

utiadam

LOSER
They have 2 different versions to the diff covers. Some places may have old stock and will not work without being lifted. The updated poison spyder covers will work at stock height.

They have 2 different versions to the diff covers. Some places may have old stock and will not work without being lifted. The updated poison spyder covers will work at stock height.

I think you are talking about the VERY old covers (small spider) that were essentially a Riddler cover. The two versions I was talking about both have a full size spider and are the same casting other than a moved fill hole.

utiadam

LOSER
I think you are talking about the VERY old covers (small spider) that were essentially a Riddler cover. The two versions I was talking about both have a full size spider and are the same casting other than a moved fill hole.

Nope, mine have the large spyder and definitely didn't fit before the lift. It even says it in the instructions that it won't (might only apply to Rubicons).
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382661.152851.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382747.511718.jpg

Nope, mine have the large spyder and definitely didn't fit before the lift. It even says it in the instructions that it won't (might only apply to Rubicons).

Interesting, That's the same covers I have/had and had no issue. (My Jeep is a 13 Rubicon.) I ran them both with the stock bars and front MerakCliak bar.

I later had to switch the front cover due to hydraulic ram clearance issues but gave my take-off to another stock rubi (15) who also ran it issue free. ????

Edit to add for the OP:
If there is a potential issue with clearance the latest generation will not help as it is the same cast and only the fill port moved.

Last edited:
So with a lift I should be ok?

If it were to be an issue I would expect it at full stuff of the frame side track bar connection (Driver front and passenger rear).

The lift in itself wouldn't change this but if you properly bump said lift, it should prevent any potential issue.

utiadam

LOSER
I think you'll be fine as long as your lift has raised trackbar brackets. The stock locations the front and rear trackbars both cross right across the middle of the diffs. Mine is a 13 Rubicon.

Top Bottom