Procomp shock fixable?

Yea if the bushing is still intact, you can probably take the shock off and put it back in. Some shocks come with interchangeable bushings. You may ruin that one tryin to get it back in, but if money is tight, its worth a try.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I dont have any experience with procomp shocks, but that mounting style doesnt look right

I think the mount looks correct for a rear JK shock. Looks like the bushing just slipped out of the bore at the end of the shock shaft. You can probably remove the shock and use a little soapy water to push the bushing back into the bore. That said, I'd be curious as to why it came out in the first place. Is it possible you over compressed the shock. Meaning, your bumpstop isn't tall enough and the shock is actually what stopped the up travel of the axle.

I think the mount looks correct for a rear JK shock. Looks like the bushing just slipped out of the bore at the end of the shock shaft. You can probably remove the shock and use a little soapy water to push the bushing back into the bore. That said, I'd be curious as to why it came out in the first place. Is it possible you over compressed the shock. Meaning, your bumpstop isn't tall enough and the shock is actually what stopped the up travel of the axle.

I just looked it up, and i think your right. Im used to seeing the top mount in the rear having the ear tabs and not the thru hole.

And im with ERAUgrad, curious to why it pushed out as they should be pretty tight.

t8er

You can buy replacement bushings from 4wp for like $5. Just helped a buddy do a set on his TJ

JakeJK

I just looked it up, and i think your right. Im used to seeing the top mount in the rear having the ear tabs and not the thru hole.

And im with ERAUgrad, curious to why it pushed out as they should be pretty tight.

Did that change on a certain year model?

Looking closer at the pic of the "good one", there looks to be some space between the bore and the bushing. May just be that the bushings are shot. They look pretty worn.

Krystianjk

Yeah I mud it quite a bit and ERAU I think you're right this probably happened when I was muddling a bit too fast and hit a bump in the hole

Top Bottom