Door seals leaking-Already had them replaced at dealership

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Already had them replaced at the dealership all the way around. It rained hard and the driver side carpet floor map was soaked in one corner and water on the speakers on driver and passenger. It rained hard in July 2 days in a row and there were NO ISSUES at all so I thought the problem was solved but today, the only the driver side floor mat was wet. What is the damn problem with these seals? 2014 JKU. This JK has spent more time at the dealership than any vehicle I've had with replaced hinges one visit and leaking door seals the next. Any suggestions on what is going on? I have a hardtop that I have never taken off. Scared to do so as I may have a problem with that.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Honestly, my carpets are always wet. Doesn't bother me to much, but i remember seeing something about the newer ones having some open hole or something inside the rear fender well that can leak all the way from the back trunk to the front. Have been to lazy to confirm this. Just a thought

JakeJK

Already had them replaced at the dealership all the way around. It rained hard and the driver side carpet floor map was soaked in one corner and water on the speakers on driver and passenger. It rained hard in July 2 days in a row and there were NO ISSUES at all so I thought the problem was solved but today, the only the driver side floor mat was wet. What is the damn problem with these seals? 2014 JKU. This JK has spent more time at the dealership than any vehicle I've had with replaced hinges one visit and leaking door seals the next. Any suggestions on what is going on? I have a hardtop that I have never taken off. Scared to do so as I may have a problem with that.

I would water test it and try to see where the water is coming from get someone to hose it off while you're in it

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I sat it in the Jeep while going through the carwash a couple of weeks ago. A carwash is a good flow of water. No wet carpets. I read the past posts here on the forum. It rained all day today pretty much and the driver side is wet. The inconstancy of the problem is what bugs me.

Dever

Have the same issue on my 2010 JKUR. Had the seals replaced and within a year I had periodic wet floors again, usually on the passenger side. Service tech said it was a known issue. Either raise a stink and have them repaired every few years or become intimately familiar with the drain plug locations. Oh well. That's what the plugs are there for, right?

Top Bottom