Driving traffic with a Manual transmission

Bryantengland14

Traffic is backed up for miles and you're leg is going numb. What do you do? Drop her in 4L and let her creep. This is the best way NOT to burn your clutch out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442418661.589106.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442418677.068955.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, I don't know about that. It's NEVER a good idea to be running 4LO on dry pavement. At least, I would never do it.

rinkishjk

That's not a good idea at all. What the hell gear u in, 6th!??
U could just leave it in 1st, and leave space in front of u and never really have to shift......

noroad

If its that bad you might want to look at regearing. what size tires do you have. I have 37s and 4.88s and do pretty well in traffic every day at least 4 hours.

seanb123

Naw I wasn't in 6th [emoji23] I just held it to the side for a pic [emoji23]

No one said anything about being in 6th everyone is saying do not use 4low without being off road. 4wd is for when the tires aren't getting perfect traction otherwise you are putting unnecessary strain on the transfer case.

BlueBox

I drive 50 mi / day in fairly heavy traffic and this has never crossed my mind. Just pick a gear to match average traffic speed and sit in it. You'll have some gaps in front of you and some minimal clutch use bit its not all that bad. Just stop trying to ride the guy in front of you.

I'll take clutch wear over tcase wear ANY day!

Top Bottom