Warn powerplant

JandSJK

I went and looked at a warn power plant that was on CL in my area. The ad said it worked and the price was right. went and looked at it and we could not get it to work at all. the compressor or the winch. We hooked it up to a brand new deep cycle battery and all we could manage was a clicking noise for either function. Any thoughts on this? what would cause neither the winch or the compressor to function. if its an easy fix i might still be interested in picking it up maybe for cheaper than listed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely it's the thermal switch. Some of the early ones came with bad ones. Replace it and you should be good to go. If you contact WARN, I'd be willing to be they would send you one for free.

94YJBeaver

Josh...I agree with Eddie...Warn goes above and beyond especially for the Oregon people...BUT I would still give them a call and see what they have to say...

JandSJK

Ok called the guy today and he said he got everything working. Tested it out all was good. Its the 12k model. Picked it up for $600. That a good deal?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JandSJK said:
Ok called the guy today and he said he got everything working. Tested it out all was good. Its the 12k model. Picked it up for $600. That a good deal?

Hell of a good deal - congrats!!

JandSJK

Well I know what they sell for new but i've never seen one used for sale wasnt sure what they go for. I'm happy with it. Took it home and messed with it a bit but had to head to work. Just needs wiped down looked like it had been sitting in the corner of his shop a while. It also came with a set of Piaa HIDS that were on the reciever mount that it was attached to. Gonna get it mounted and wired up this weekend. Not sure If I'll use the Lights and what not.

Pushrod

Wow what a deal! I have been keeping an eye on CL in my area but nothing like that has come up yet. I have a good Warn winch on my jeep but I got some Jew in my blood somewhere along the line and I always on the lookout for a deal.

JandSJK

Nice, you need to change out the fairlead to a roller style for the steel line

Ya i have the roller from the last winch i'm replacing with this one. Was wondering why he used one of those especially after it started cutting in like that.

WMPhoto

You got a good deal...
Take that wire off, clean the spool and body realy well... Then put on a synthetic line...
Save weight and the safety factor is plus...

Prime8

Man, you get a sweet deal on the Powerplant, a guy posted the other day that he got a brand new, loaded PR44 for $3k +labor. Where the hell are all these sweet deals on good products in my area...?

Top Bottom